Desmond

Desmond subconsciously felt like something was wrong. Habang pauwi siya sa bahay nila'y hindi siya mapakali.

He stared at his phone and thought about sending Orvyn messages. Ano naman ang sasabihin niya? He wasn't much of a conversation maker. He didn't text that much. That was also the reason why he didn't make a Facebook account. He didn't feel the need to do so. He had one before but he had forgotten the password.

Nakatitig lang siya sa pangalan at numero nitong nakarehistro sa cellphone niya habang iniisip kung anong sasabihin niya. He didn't know why he felt that way. The uneasiness he felt was evident as he grasped the cellphone tightly.

Coffee?

He finally sent the message before breathing deeply.

Ilang minuto rin siyang nakatitig lang sa cellphone niya at naghihintay ng reply pero walang dumating. He didn't feel alright with it. He really knew something was up and it bothered him knowing nothing, especially it if involved Orvyn.

Dumaan muna siya sa Going Merry para bumili ng dalawang kape. Hindi niya napigilan ang sariling mapalingon sa paligid, nagbabakasaling makita niya ang babae. Muli siyang napabuntunghininga nang wala siyang nakitang pamilyar na mukha.

He really should've had taken the book about dating when he had the chance. He felt dumb dealing with things like that. He didn't even know if they were dating or if she were really thinking about him the way he did. He felt rather dumb.

Hindi niya alam kung saan siya lulugar, kung mag-de-demand ba siya ng oras at ng atensyon dito, kung may karapatan ba siyang kunin ang iilang libreng oras nito. He wanted to be with her but he didn't know if he had the rights to even demand for things.

Gusto niyang tanungin kung nasaan ang babae sa oras na 'yon. Gusto niyang sabihing nag-aalala siya rito at kung hindi ito magrereply ay baka sasabog siya sa sobrang pag-alala.

He wanted to do silly things but he felt like those were too off-character and embarrassing. Who would've thought a guy like him had the possibilities of doing silly things for the girl he liked? Nababaliw na siya.

He thought and thought about her and with sloppy lines, he drew her face that didn't quite look like her on the cup of the untouched coffee. Napatitig siya rito nang ilang segundo bago napatawa nang mahina. The drawing looked silly. It didn't do any justice with how good she looked in his mind.

It didn't even capture her smile.

At that moment, he didn't know if he was just bad at drawing or if it was just impossible to capture her beauty.

He missed her more seeing the failed illustration.

He finished his coffee before driving back home. Pinag-iisipan niya pa nang mabuti ang gagawin, tinitimbang ang mga dapat itimbang. Sa tuwing nagagawi ang tingin niya sa ginuhit, natatawa na lamang siya nang mahina.

Desmond received no reply when he reached his house. He thought of sending her another message but he stopped himself. If she wanted to reply, she would. Maybe she wasn't in the mood for texting or easing his worried mind.

Maybe something had happened.

Napasimangot siya sa naisip.

Cut it out, Desmond.

He believed Orvyn wasn't the kind of person who ignored texts just like that. He couldn't remember anything that would make her ignore him. They didn't fight. Was she upset?

Alam niyang kung saka-sakali mang may nangyari rito'y hindi niya pa rin malalaman kung ano ang dapat na gawin. He had ideas about Orvyn. It was easy to get the idea but was hard to understand.