IronStrange

Requested by catswillrulezaworld -- I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but this is what I came up with. I hope you like it!!!!

Stephen was mad. He was mad at his husband. He had come home from spending a week at the Sanctum, hoping to see his husband waiting for him, but instead was greeted by their friends, who let him know that his wonderful husband was locked in his workshop, and had been since their last mission, which had happened in the day he had to go. They were worried because the villain of the week they had fought had done something to Tony and he was acting strangely before he locked himself up. The only reason they knew he was alive was that FRIDAY kept them informed. So he stormed down to the workshop, ready to give his foolish husband a piece of his mind, and then force him to talk and sleep. He punched in his override code, and stormed in, only to stop short at the sight of his husband. Tony was sitting on the floor in the corner, crying and muttering "He left me forever. He hates me. What did I do wrong? Where did I go wrong with him?" His anger vanished and his heart broke for his husband as he knelt down in front of him.

"Hey, Tony. Honey, I'm back." As soon as he said that, his husband's face snapped up to stare at his face, almost as if he was trying to memorize as much of his face as he could before it was taken away from him. "I missed you so much. Did you know that? I missed you so very much. I'm sorry it took longer than expected, but it couldn't be helped. I love you." As he spoke, he moved closer to his husband, an as soon as he was close enough, his Cloak, who Tony calls Levi, reached out and pulled Tony into his chest. As soon as contact was made, Tony's resolve broke, and he started sobbing into Stephen's shirt, the Cloak of Levitation acting as a border between them and the real world.

Later, when Tony was all cried out and had told him what happened, all in the safety of their room, Stephen assuaged his fears of being left behind through loving words and kisses, as well as lots and lots of cuddles. And if the Cloak never let them out of its embrace, who was to know.