.: Steph Curry :.

»And they ask "Why are you going this, and do you have a contract right now?"
If I answer "Yes", then I know you're going to get on my nerves all evening.
If I answer "No", then I know you turn away like a disloyal son of a bitch. (Like a son of a bitch.)«

Friday, 6:30 am.
The sun wasn't even visible yet, but the NBA-legend Steph Curry had to get up anyway.
After a quick shower, he put on his workout-clothes.
He ate something light for breakfast before he drove to the gym at 7:00 am.

You may ask yourself now, why Steph got up, being all alone and stuff.
Well, it's because he's single.
Hmm, he was single.
It all started a while ago, during the NBA-Finals. All of your questions will be answered soon.

The sun was burning down on Steph as he was walking towards the gym on this extremely warm day.
After getting changed in the locker room, he walked into the gym.
His buddy Klay Thompson had already seen him from across the court.
"Ayye! Steph!", he yelled, waving his long arms in the air.
Steph saw him as well, grinning softly.
"Ayyee, my bro!", he yelled back, jogging across the court towards his buddy.
The two men hugged each other.

While stretching, Klay asked: "And, how was your 30th birthday yesterday?"
Steph smiled, memories started to flow back into his mind.
"It was wild, bro! So sad that you had to leave earlier than expected", Steph said and Klay nodded.
"Yea, but that's the price of having two baby girls. Well, they're not babies anymore", Klay said.
"How old was Nancy again?", Steph asked, even though he knew it.
"She turned 10 in January", Klay answered. "She was so excited about reaching a two-digit age, you wouldn't believe it. 'Dad, dad! There are two digits! My age has two digits now! Two!'. Heh, so adorable", Klay enthused, smiling at the memory.
Steph smiled as well. Oh boy, what he'd give to be a dad.

He had been with two girls in his life before, but it didn't work out.
At the age of 16, Steph noticed that girls just didn't do it for him.
They just didn't have any effect on him.
But what did have an effect on him were boys.
Like every other teenager, that had a phone, he had looked up some adult stuff on Google before.
And certain stuff did it more for him than other stuff.
To get straight to the point; Steph loved other boys.
His outing at school almost went down unnoticed. Steph only outed himself to a few close friends.
But since families are a different thing, Steph had to go at it in a different way.

First, he told his younger brother Seth.
Seth was very supportive, which motivated Steph to go and tell his parents.
His mother was supportive as well, only his dad wasn't at first. He had to process it for a while, but he showed himself supportive later on.
Way later, when Steph was a successful and popular basketball player, he outed himself to his teammate and friend Klay Thompson. Klay showed himself as supportive as well, which Steph was very relieved about.
But he didn't have the courage to put himself to his entire team yet.
Hmm, 'have the courage'? Steph didn't feel the need to come out to his entire team. So he didn't.

Ever since Klay had become a dad, the urge to be with someone else got more and more.
Steph had been in a relationship with a guy before, back when he was 18.
At the age of 18, the whole basketball thing got really serious and the success more and more, so Steph didn't have the time for a relationship. He already had to handle two things at once, being school and basketball, a third thing wouldn't come in handy.
Now, Steph's career was going greater than ever and he was long done with school.
So, what held him back from settling down with somebody?
Nothing! Steph just didn't find anyone attractive at the moment. So things just stayed the way they were.

"Steph? Did you listen to me?", Klay asked while - swish! - throwing the ball in the net.
"Umm nah, sorry bro", Steph muttered, looking around nervously. Getting caught up in his thoughts and then being talked to always made him feel uncomfortable.
"I asked you if you're excited for the game against the Lakers tomorrow", Klay repeated himself.
"Uh, yeah. I can't wait to rip them apart", Steph said while slowly dribbling the ball with one hand.
"Me too. Can't wait to get my game face on after I couldn't play for so long", Klay said, talking about the injury he has been recovering from for the last few months. A sprained ankle isn't really that much fun.

Steph pulled himself out of his thoughts and tried to concentrate on his workout.
After Steph was done, he drove back home to take a quick shower.
He wanted to head outside with Klay afterward, maybe hitting a club.
Klay had said that that wasn't the best idea, but the light-skinned man desperately needed to take his mind off his thoughts.

They both met at 8 pm at a club.
Some random German rap songs, "Blink Links" by BHZ and "KickDown" by Kidnfinity, were blasting through huge speakers and everybody was in a good mood.
Klay didn't drink anything. The only thing he did was talking to Steph, constantly reminding him that he had to leave very early because of his two little girls at home and his wife.
At 10 pm, Klay said goodbye to Steph, who was a bit drunk.
That night, Steph was certain about one thing: he needed a relationship.
Otherwise, he'd be so annoyingly thirsty; constantly running after people. And that really shouldn't become his second hobby.

March 16th, game time.
Today was Saturday, Steph's favorite day of the week.
He spent the day at the gym, doing some different workouts.
The rest of the day he was at Klay's place, helping him out with his kids since Klay's wife had taken a day off to treat herself with different kinds of beauty and relaxation treatments.
When 7 pm came around, the two basketball players had to get ready.
"C'mon Steph, we're the Splash Brothers! We will kick it!", Klay said, trying to cheer Steph up whose anxiety was driving him insane.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

(Wortcount: 1090 words)

Sorry, if this is a mess, but so am I.
Nah, but seriously, English isn't my first language so I still have to learn quite a lot.
If I will make a spelling mistake somewhere, let me know! I still need to learn, you'd help me out by pointing out a mistake in a polite way!
Bye!!