A Strange Request at a Piano Bar

Late one night I walked into a new bar that opened up a few days ago. As I walked in, it looked a little small but nice. There were surprisingly only a few people there. I hear a piano playing in the far back of the bar. I sit down at a table and noticed a shady looking guy a few tables away from me. I couldn't really see his face but he looked about my age and maybe a little older. Then I noticed he was looking in my direction. I quickly look away feeling a little awkward. 

Why is he looking at me? I wondered quietly.

I try to avoid looking back at him. Then I hear footsteps coming towards me.

"What do you want honey?" I look up and see this big strong looking woman arms crossed. I noticed an apple tattooed on her right shoulder.

I had a surprised look on my face. She gives a small deep laugh with a smirk.
"Uh....just whatever is fine." You could hear the nervousness in my voice.

The bartenders' smirk grew slightly, "Alright then honey." She turned and walked back to get my drink.

I look around the bar and see interesting posters in frames. One poster was showing what looked like a carnival advertisement. It looked like it was from years ago. One of the performers had an interesting mask with feathers attached to it. Out of nowhere a faint smell of sassafras comes from beside me. I slowly turn around and find a tall man standing there. I almost fall out of my chair because he startled me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." His voice was deep and smooth. He sat across from me and smiled a little. He had long dark hair that was combed back and a decent combed beard. His eyes looked kind with a light blue almost grey color. I then realized he was the shady guy who was looking at me earlier. I avert my eyes trying not to seem to stare at him.

"Oh how rude of me." He chuckled a little. "My name is James Smith." He reached out his hand and I stared at it for awhile. I then slowly put out my hand and shake his hand. His hand was slightly rough and his grip was a little tight I almost winced.

"I'm Jonathan, Jonathan Porter." I said shyly. I slowly pulled my hand away. "So....what are you doing here Mr. Smith?" I asked slightly nervous.

He leaned back in his chair with a smile. "You can call me James. I run this fine establishment." He slowly moved his hands around like presenting the place. I look at him in surprise and he chuckles again. "I know, crazy right?" The bartender returns and puts our drinks on the table. "Thanks Tina." He says with a smile. She returns a small smile and nods at him and walks away.

"Where did you find her?" I asked James as I watched her clean small classes.

"That's probably a story for her to tell." He took a sip of his whiskey.

"I see." I looked back at James and took a sip of my beer as well.

James looked like he had something on his mind but wasn't sure if he wanted to share. He slowly moved his finger around the edge of his class staring intently at it as if he could break it with his mind. "Do you believe in ghosts?" He asked without looking up at me. His question sounded shy and a little embarrassed.

"Sort of." I replied slowly. I took another sip of my beer and waited for him to speak.

"In my juvenile years..." he started off. "I never believed in ghosts." He looked up at me. "I was out in the woods looking for something interesting. I heard something in the distance and slowly walked towards it. Some of the trees that lay on the forest floor looked like they were going through oxidation and starting to rot which wasn't a pleasant smell. I get to this small clearing and see a girl in a silk white dress and long black hair. She would twirl in her dress and hum a beautiful tune." James stiffened slightly. "I wanted to get a closer look at her so I hid behind a tree. I looked over while taking a step forward and accidentally stepped on a twig. I hid back behind the tree because I didn't want her to see me. When I looked back she was gone. I was a bit controversy about how she was just there and that I didn't hear anything of moving away. I started looking around but there was no sight of her. So I started heading back home and  tripped on something and sprained my ankle. When looked at what I tripped on I saw part of a skull at my feet. That's when I tried to run but my ankle was in bad shape it took me awhile to get home." James looked down at his empty cup looking a little pale.

"Did you ever seen her again?" I asked slowly. James shakes his head.

He leans forward and looks at me, "Do you want to help me find this ghost girl?" 

If you liked this please let me know and if you want to read more i'll be happy to write more for you. Please tell me if its bad or good or just needs some more work. Thanks a lot and hope you enjoyed it. :)