→ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐊𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐄 | 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐆𝐎

A single light flickers on. Small and warm behind a light beige curtain, it highlights the silhouettes of several figures. Hidden behind the branches of glossy abelia shrubbery, a blue-eyed man, masked from head to toe in black, save for his eyes, counts nine of them.

The bush, and the cover of night seemed to do the trick. He'd been waiting hours for them to return, to all be there at the same time. And finally, they all were. He'd watch them enter the ground floor room of the small inn, either by their lonesome or in pairs. It took nearly the whole day.

Despite his reluctance to travel solo, and to such a rural location where a group of such dangerous people were congregated, he knew he had to. At first, it was as a favour to a dear old friend-- until he accidentally learned of who else was involved. He'd known about the first name; when he was briefed, it was included in the details. The second name, however, was kept out on purpose, for expected reasons, because the moment he heard it, he took off running before anyone could offer their help.

The first name was someone who'd been estranged from their small town for a small handful of years now. He knew he was well; Sasuke Uchiha had never not been able to take care of himself. Whatever involvement he had with these people, he knew it wasn't a good thing, but he could handle it. The second name was unexpected; it sent such a mild pain through his chest and heart, he'd thought he was having a heart attack, but no, it wasn't that simple, no matter how much he wished it were. If only it was a heart attack. His friend, his delicate, ill, frail friend, is in danger. His childhood friend... is in danger. His Kari is in danger.

Tugging at the neck of his black sweater, Naruto Uzumaki sighs deeply, his breath inaudible. Having already been hiding here for a good three-quarters of the day, just waiting to get a jump on their agenda, his body ached, and all he wanted to do was go home. But knowing it had something to do with both Sasuke and Kari, there was no time to rest. It ignited something in him. Maybe it was this that had him so wired, so mentally awake, that kept him in his spot for so long. Or maybe, it was just Kari, the new player in this year-long game of tag with the Akatsuki.

For years, his family and hers were forced out of contact. Something to do with the Yamada Family; he can't quite remember what it was, but it must've been something bad enough for them to go into witness protection for over a decade. And now, the name is back, and whether it has to do with the same groups of people or not, either way... it means trouble for her, again. It means this time, he might not be able to find that name a second time.