chapter two

"We gotta get back to the van," Alex said as we all put away our phones. I looked around, it was all forest. "Well does anyone know the way?" I asked, flinching when another boom echoed through the forest.

Gabriel stepped forward, putting a hand on my back, which happened to calm me down. "I do." He said, "follow me." He pointed behind him and then turned in that direction. "Okay. Whoa! Whoa. Slow your roll, Dora the Explorer, alright, this is my clique." Dariush scoffed, snapping and pointing behind him, "soldiers, out!"

We all stood there and watched as Dariush started walking in the other direction before Gabriel motioned for us to follow him, which we did.

~~~

"Everyone is gone!" Alex panted as we stopped running back by the canoes. I groaned, throwing my head back, "if I die, I'm going to haunt this fucking awful camp." I turned when I felt a hand on my back, Gabriel. "You aren't going to die, I won't allow it." I blushed and leaned into him slightly, finding comfort from his touch.

Alex turned towards all of us, "they probably got the emergency signal and went back to camp." I nodded and gasped when another loud boom was heard, this time followed by many others. We all look up at the sky, noticing how large objects are hitting some type of barrier.

"What the fu--" Dariush screamed, pulling out his phone. "It looks like explosions in the upper atmosphere," Alex says, pulling out his own phone. "Call and have them send the van to pick you up," Gabriel said, his grip tightening as I pulled out my own phone.

"I-it's dead! I had 90% two seconds ago. Piece of shit Boost Mobile!" Dariush stuttered. I nodded my head, "me too," I agreed.

Suddenly, the sky turned an orange color and a whooshing noise is heard. Seconds later an aircraft comes flying down over the river, two more coming after it. We all flinch and turn towards the direction the jets flew.

"Oh my God, it's Independence Day!" Gabriel states, obviously panicked. Dariush looks at him before yelling, "It's June, Gabriel!" I roll my eyes, "it's a fucking movie, smartass!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air.

Dariush pants, taking a step back, "oh, wait, maybe North Korea's invaded!" He shouts, whipping around to face ZhenZhen, "ZhenZhen, call it off!" I mentally scream, resisting the urge to punch Dariush in the face. "She's Chinese!" I cry out, stepping forward to smack him when two arms wrap around my waist.

"Okay, okay, calm down, I get that you're stressed, but take a deep breath." I relax immediately when I realize it's Gabriel. I lean back into his chest and take a deep breath as he said. "We just need to wait here until the adults realize they left us and come back," Alex said, sounding frantic.

Dariush began pacing back and forth, "oh man! What if they never come back?" He shouted, throwing his hands up, "I'm gonna die here with three losers and a hot ass babe?" He yelled, yet managed to send a wink in my direction.

I shuttered and Gabriel's arms tightened around my waist, "dude, calling her babe is obviously making her uncomfortable." Dariush stopped and stared at us before pointing a finger, "you know what mountain hobo, I claimed her as soon as I saw her at camp."

"Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm yours," I mumbled, glaring at Dariush who just ignored me and when straight back to panicking. "I never even had sex before!" He shouted before stopping. "I'ma clear that up. I had sex...I had sex before, I mean, I haven't had sex with two girls at once. That's what I mean."

I stare at Dariush with disgust, leaning further into Gabriel, "that's gross." I mumbled, looking up at Gabriel who nodded in agreement. Dariush paused for a moment, glancing at me then pointing to Alex, "I told you I had sex cause-" "No." Alex says.