TWO • AWAKE

" get up love birds. don't wanna be late for school now do ya' ? "

Emmett's voice rang through the house. signaling that it was indeed time to get a move on. the girl wanted to stay in bed but knowing the bulky vampire downstairs wouldn't allow that. with a sigh leaving her mouth she turned to the vampire, who was still laying down, watching her with a gentle look on his face.

" are you okay, sweetheart? you sure you don't want to stay home today? you could always take a day off. "

knowing that she couldn't miss school without facing the consequences that she would face when she got to her actual house. she shook her head with a sigh and a knowing look on her face.

" as pleasing as it sounds, i can't. you know how Morgan and my mom gets when we miss school. i would be grounded as soon as i walk through the door. "

she lets out an annoyed, groan thinking about her stepfather. her mother, Letitia, married him just a few months after getting divorced from her real father, Brandon. her parents had been together since sophomore in high school. they had Vega when her mom was 18 and her father, 19 and the twins- Caleb and Nora - just 9 years after that. she suspected that the reason they divorced was her mother was cheating on her father with Morgan towards the later years of their marriage.

shaking the thoughts of her family out of her mind, she grabbed a new set of clothes from the drawers that jasper had cleared out for her when she stayed the night. the outfit consisted of a pair of black skinny jeans, a plain white tank top and a soft cream colored sweater to wear over it. she waddled into the bathroom to take a quick shower. once finished, she dried herself and quickly straightened her hair before slipping on her clothes. she did a once over in the mirror, contemplating whether to put in effort into doing her make up. she finally decided what on just putting on some mascara and a bit of lipgloss. when she was finally satisfied with how she looked, she hurriedly exited the bathroom, grabbing her schoolbag, slipping on a pair of cream colored flats that she had received for her birthday and made her way downstairs.

" about time sweetcheeks, thought i had to go up and drag you down here myself. " Emmett teased.
" sorry to keep you guys waiting. "
" it's fine V. Emmett is just impatient. anyways let's get going or else we are going to be late. Alice and Edward already left. "
Rosalie told her before dragging her husband to the garage.

Vega smiled softly at the two before walking over to her boyfriend who was holding a bagel and what she assumed was a smoothie in a styrofoam cup.

" here. Esme made you this before she had to drop something to Carlisle. "
" that woman is to sweet. i will thank her when we get back from school. c'mom, i don't want to keep them waiting any longer. "

the couple made their way into the garage and slipped into the backseat of the white jeep they would be taking to school. Sensing the anxiety in his mate, he sent her a wave of calmness to which she smiled softly at him. She grabbed his hand and played with his fingers while looking at the blurry trees flying by as they sped along the road to get to school on time.