Author Spotlight: @RavenclawProdigy

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

I wouldn't use stupid or angelic (I have a rebellious streak.)

When you were a young 'un, what did you want to be when you grew up? 

I wanted to be an Ichthyologist and study sharks.

What's your favourite quote?

"It's wingardium leviOsa, not leviosAH." - Hermione, Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone

Tell us about your reading/writing habits. If you're not a writer, then simply the former will suffice! 

I tend to read until 12:00 a.m. and write in the middle of the afternoon. I also tend to snack on Oreos while doing so.

As your crew casts your lifeless body into the heart of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads of your beloved vessel!

What About Us - Pink 

Never Forget You - Zara 

Larsson Centuries - Fallout Boy

Who is your all-time favourite author? How much, if at all, has their work influenced your writing style?

My all-time favorite author is Rick Riordan. I've tried to write similar to his, but I can't manage it.

Of everything you've written, which piece is your favourite?

Team Griffin is definitely my favorite.

Pitch the above story to us. Make us really want to read it!

In the year 3023, humanity has spread throughout the stars. Instead of countries, there are planets, and all planets are united under the Galactic Congress. To ensure there are no wars between the planets that are constantly competing for status and recognition, the Galactic Congress created Nova, a school made of all of the brilliant children from all of the planets to ensure that their home planets wouldn't use them against others. These children become the next great leaders in respective fields. But what happens when these bright young kids are set against each other?

In "The Games," as they are known, three of the most brilliant children in each division of Nova Elite (Strategy, Technology, Medical, Warrior, and Leader) are divided among three teams. The teams are then left with a small number of supplies on a tiny but habitable moon. They "kill" the other teams until no one remains. The winners of The Games receive incredible prestige, influence, and, of course, money. But the thing is, no one has ever won. But this year, there are some new kids in town. This team is determined to win. This team has resolved to not leave anything in their path. This team... is Griffin.

To what extent does the mythical 'real life' influence your writing?

I try to stay within things that are scientific fact (unless it's magic or fantasy or something like that.) Unfortunately, I sometimes have to invent new science or say that someone disproved these theories in order to suit my needs.

If you could have any superpower, what would that be and why?

I'd have the power to become totally invisible (including my clothes) because it would be an awesome skill to have for pranking people.

What would you do if you woke up to discover you were Superman?

I would probably freak out. Then I would immediately go and save people who are trapped in places that no one can reach, like the middle of a hurricane.

The Technological Singularity presents a rather daunting, some say inevitable, future. Does the prospect of that level of artificial intelligence excite you, or leave you quaking in your space boots?

I would love artificial intelligence because it would help with so many problems. Humans are affected by stress, exhaustion, and countless other factors. Robots are not.

Who was your first Sci-Fi crush? Who is your current one?

My first Sci-Fi crush was Bean from Ender's Game. And it still is.

If you could experience the world of any Sci-Fi story on Wattpad, which would that be and why?

I would honestly choose my own. A lot of Sci-Fi stories on Wattpad are dystopian, and those don't scream AWESOME PLACE TO LIVE. Mine is a good world. There's no wars, no starvation, and everyone had the chance to get into Nova.

And finally, any words of wisdom to new and aspiring Sci-Fi writers?

Don't try to be like everyone else. Science Fiction sometimes has hundreds of stories that all seem the same. Some of them might be much better than others, but don't be like that. Be independent. Come up with something entirely different. You'll stand out more and more people will read your book.