Childhood friend

The day I found out Yuvin join Produce X 101 was like any other day. I woke up early that day, did my usual routine, burned my tongue while drinking coffee and lounging in the living room while watching Angel's last mission: Love. The drama was really good.

And then I got a call from my mother. Screaming excitedly like a freaking teenage girl.

"Areum-ah!" I winced at the loud voice and put the phone away, letting the screaming goes down before putting it back on my ear.

"What is it mom? Did dad do something again? I swear to-"

"It's Yuvin!" My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat when I heard the name.

"W-what about him?" I cleared my throat and took a sip from my Coca-Cola.

"He joined the Produce X 101" my eyes widened for the second time and I spurt out my Coca-Cola.

"He what?!?!" I exclaimed as I frantically took a tissue and wiped my mouth after.

"Come on. Don't you watch TV? I may be old but I like to stay updated by watching TV"

"You just admitted that you're old mom" I snickered. Mother let out a sigh and I could imagine her rolling her eyes.

"Whatever, next week you're going with Yuvin's mom and I to his performance" My eyes widened again for the second time.

"Eh-"

"Nope. You're coming. No exception" With that, she hung up. Shoot. What am I gonna do? I haven't seen Yuvin ever since we graduated from high school and I was not planning to see him again. Not after what happened on our graduation day.

~Graduatuon Day~

"You what?" My eyes widened as I let the bouquet of flower fell from my hand. Yuvin looked at me with guilty brown eyes as he ruffled the back of his hair.

"I'm gonna be a trainee" he said it once again and yet I still couldn't wrapped my head around it.

"You know it's my dream to become an idol, right?" I gulped, feeling a lump stuck in my throat. I nodded my head before looking down at the ground, trying my best not to let the tears fall.

"I don't think it's gonna work out. You know how it is plus you're my best friend ever since we're in our diapers. To me, you're not more than that" Yuvin took my hand and I looked up at his face before forcing a smile on my face.

"I understand" A beautiful smile etched onto his face and he hugged me.

"See! I knew you would understand" he exclaimed before pulling away. I smiled and he pat my shoulder like a friend would.

Friendzoned. I knew this would happen but a part of me was still stubborn to think that I had a chance. I'm so stupid.

"Areum ah! Yuvin ah! Come! Let's take a picture with the pretty backdrop!" Yuvin's mother chirp, smiling with a camera on her hand. Yuvin smiled and waved his hand excitedly. He looked back to me and smiled.

Stop smiling, please. You're making this hard for me.

"We should go. Mother will scold us if we stay here like this" he laughed and a smile etched onto my face. Such a beautiful laugh which I know I'll be hearing for the last time.

"You go first. I'm going to the toilet. I've been holding in my pee ever since the ceremony started" I fake laughed.

"Okay sure but don't take too long" he laughed before leaving me, standing alone with a broken heart. With that, I ran back home and started packing my stuff to leave for Seoul, where I'll be continuing my study to the university that offered me a scholarship. I didn't leave my room until it was time for me to go to Seoul and Yuvin didn't even asked about me since his training started on the next day, leaving me to wonder am I really just a friend? And since then, we never see each other again.

~Present Day~

I sat there for what feels like an hour, as I think about the memory that cause me pain. I let out a sigh before getting up and went to my room.

I plopped down on my bed and took out my phone before searching Yuvin's name on Naver.

Song Yuvin, a handsome participants who placed in 9th out of 20 from the last round is expected to be debuted, along with his member, Kookheon from MYTEEN. Despite their group from being disbanded, they took this opportunity to shine again.

I see. He debuted already but it didn't go well so he had to joined a survival program. I let out a sigh before laying my phone next to me.

Next week's going to be one hell of a week. Let's see if I can convince mom that I don't want to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remind me why I'm here again?" I sighed as I put both my hand on my ears. Mom grabbed both of my hand and put them down.

"To support Yuvin of course!" both mom and Yuvin's mom squealed excitedly while waving the banner that they made themselves. I groaned, feeling embarassed by  their act, as the teenagers around us look at us in disgust.

"Stop it, mom. You're making a fool out of yourself" I pointed out as she continued to act like a teenager along with Yuvin's mom.

"Oh, come on. loosen up, will you?" She grinned and continued to wave her banner. I sighed. the performance hasn't even started yet. Soon, we were told off by the security and I couldn't even be more embarrassed as I dragged both of them to our seats. We settled down in our seats as the lighting dimmed down and the MC came out to start the show. 

A few performances later, I was beginning to get tired and I've been yawning a few times now which made the girls besides me to glare at me. I just shrugged and continued to watch the current performance with boredom. I mean , don't get me wrong, some of the performances were cool. I'm just not into this kind of stuff.

"Next up we have Song Yuvin, Wei, Yun Seong, Tony, Mingyu and Sejin. They will be performing..."

I freezed as I heard his name while both Mom and Yuvin's mom squealed. I looked up on the stage and there he was. The boy who I fell in love with. The one who also friendzoned me.

"So, Yuvin, you're the leader. Do you have anything to say to the opponent team?" The MC asked. Yuvin smiled and took the microphone. 

"We will definitely crush this performance" he said with a smile and the crowd starts screaming. The MC laughed and let the team start their performance.

A/N:

aaand~ writers block :]