Chapter Two

My body woke me up earlier than it was supposed to, beating Kelly and my alarm clock to it. I rushed into the shower for a long relaxing one before wrapping a towel around my body and heading to my room to put on the clothes Kelly picked out yesterday.

After putting on the blue linen skirt, white silk blouse and three-inch scarlet satin shoes, I let Kelly do my hair and make up before joining my family at the dining room for breakfast.

"Morning." I chirped to everyone who was at the table.

I got replies from Dallas and my father while my mother kept mute. I sat next to Dallas to take my breakfast.

"So," Dallas began teasing me. "baby sister is off for her first day of hell hole."

Mother shot him a warning look which made him correct himself.

"I mean high school."

I nodded excitedly. "Yes. I wanted to go to a boarding school but Dad said no."

"Maybe Mom'll let you go to real college instead of home school too." He whispered playfully to me.

I chuckled, checking my wrist watch. It was 7:15. Lots of time to spare but Elton High School was a thirty minute drive from here. I quickly finished my breakfast and kissed Dad and Dallas goodbye before flinging my brand new black backpack over my shoulder.

Kelly was already waiting for me in the back seat of one of my Dad's limousines that was taking me. Daddy was the one who insisted that a limo take me so I would have Kelly and my personal bodyguard, Frank, with me.

Frank is about twenty-nine. He's been working with my dad five years and is very loyal. He's the only one my Dad trusts with me. Throughout the drive, Kelly talked to me about school, advising me just like my Mother should.

"Just be yourself and you'll make lots of friends." She said as the car came to a halt.

"Bye, guys." I waved to them excitedly before rushing to the principal's office for my schedule and map.

The woman at the desk before the principal's office looked young and was very stylish, dressed in a sleeveless burgundy blouse and a black penciled skirt with her brown hair in a bun.

"Good morning." I distracted her from filling her nails.

She rolled her eyes, looking at me with an expression of distaste. "What do you want?" She demanded, her shrill voice resembling my Mother's own.

"I'm here for my schedule and map." I replied, ignoring her rudeness.

"Name?"

"Riele Bentley."

"Okay, just sit down on one of those seats and I'll go get them." She gestured to a line of metal seats that looked uncomfortable and went into the door behind her labelled 'PRINCIPAL'.

I planted my butt on one of them and instantly felt the cold through my skirt. She returned moments later with two sheets of paper in her hands.

"Here." She handed them to me quickly and I thanked her, leaving.

I glanced at my map before my schedule, seeing that I had to head to my homeroom first. The only thing that bothered me was that it was on the other side of the school and I had merely five minutes to get there and it was a big school.

"Where is it?" I groaned, meeting another dead end.

I've met three so far and I'm late already. I couldn't read the numbers on the piece of paper that I felt like ripping apart. There was one that looked like an upside down four. I sighed and shook my head, turning the paper one-eighty degrees. Turned out that I stood infront of my homeroom when I came in.

"Ugh, what is wrong with you today, Riele?" I said to myself, turning around to the direction I should've been going.

Immediately I turned around, I hit something or, after I looked that is, someone. She had head of brown hair and dark eyes. She looked about 5"4 while I was 5"8. She was with a group of girls like their leader.

"Who are you?" She questioned, eyeing me up and down.

"Riele Bentley." I introduced.

"B-Bentley?" She stuttered, her eyes widening. "Like Aurelia Bentley?"

"Yes. Sorry I hit you, I wasn't looking where I was going." I apologized.

"It's okay." She waved it off with a smile. "How are you related to Aurelia Bentley?"

"Oh, um, she's my mother."

"Really? Then Brandon Bentley is your father and Dallas Bentley is your brother?"

I nodded in confirmation, glancing at my watch again. Fifteen minutes left till I have my first class and I have no idea where my Chemistry class is. I huffed and looked at the girl who was chatting animatedly with her group, not minding me at all.

I gave up on my map, using the only other way I knew how to navigate. I shut my eyes and pointed in a random direction with my left hand which luckily led to a hallway that I could easily find the Chemistry Laboratory.

"Where are you going?" The girl's voice stopped me before I could leave.

"I have to get to my Chemistry class." I replied.

"Well we could help you." She gestures to her and her friends. "I'm South by the way, South Hollister."

"Nice to meet you, South. Could you please help me to my class now? I only have ten minutes and I'm lost."

"Of course." She hooked our arms together, grinning. "I love your shoes by the way."

"Thanks." I smiled at her as we started walking.

"I have a feeling that we'll be great friends, Riele." She announced.

Friends. I nodded, grinning to myself, happy that I finally have friends my own age.