Chapter 1: Journey begins

Nandini looks at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a purple saree and her hair was left open.

Beautiful.

She looked beautiful however their was something lost in her eyes.

What was it?

"Nandini, when is the flight?" Rajdeep asked while putting his watch on.

"At 10:30," Nandini started to put her eyeliner on and a pink lipstick.

"It's already 8:00" Nandini said, putting her lipstick down. "We should leave now,"

Rajdeep nodded at her and put his coat on. Both left for the airport in a car.

Mauli and Kunal were in the airport already, sitting in their seats.

"The flight was at 10:30 mauli?" Kunal whined. "Why did we have to leave so early?" Kunal said in a sleepy tone. Mauli slapped his head.

"Shut up!" Mauli said. "Mummy asked us to visit some place from here before going to goa but you didn't listen to me."

"I was sleepy Mauli. How do you expect me to drive a car being that sleepy," Kunal said.

"That's why I didn't ask you to drive," she replied.

"Ok shut up now, let me sleep," Kunal got in a comfortable position and slept. Mauli sighed at him.

Now she will have to be bored with nothing to do. She started to text with some of her friends.

Rajdeep and Nandini were very quiet during the car ride. They had went to places together before but it was usually for business trips, never for a anniversary trip.

They both knew how awkward it was going to be for both of them as their parents were very creative people.

They must have done something "Romantic", Rajdeep thought. He looked at Nandini who was sleeping now.

She looked very cute. And innocent. He smiled at her before focusing in driving again.

He reached the airport in no time. Nandini was still sleeping them. He gently tapped her shoulders and asked her to wake up.

Nandini woke up.

"Sorry, I fell asleep," She opens the door and gets out.

"It's okay. No need to be sorry," Rajdeep also got down the car.

"You didn't sleep much yesterday," Rajdeep asked. They started walking towards the airport.

"Yeah. I had to deal with some clients. It was just really stressing," Nandini replied.

"Don't worry. Whatever the problem is going to get fixed," Rajdeep said. Nandini smiles at him.

"Kunal, wake up already. It's 9:00" Mauli tried to wake up Kunal. Kunal turned around in his seat.

"Kunal, everyone is looking at us. Wake up," Mauli slapped his arms but Kunal still didn't wake up.

"Okay. You don't wanna wake up right?" Mauli gets the water bottle from her purse and pours it at Kunal.

The coldness of the water immediately makes Kunal wake up and he jerks up.

"What is wrong with you?" Kunal tries to get rid of the water.

"What is wrong with you?" Mauli asked. "I have been trying to wake you up for hours and you still didn't wake up,"

"I woke up now na" Kunal said pissed of at her.

"Whatever. Now go get some water," Mauli said.

"Why me? You go get the water," Kunal whined while sitting down somewhere else.

"Kunal, I had to waste all this water to wake you up," She showed the empty bottle.

"Now go get some water. And snacks. I am hungry," Mauli yelled.

"Fine. I am going." He goes. "Bukkhad (always hungry)".

"Who did I make my best friend," Mauli sighs.

Rajdeep and Nandini go get their ticket and sits down in their seats. Nandini calls her parents and talks to them while Rajdeep gets busy in talking to his secretary.

"Reschedule all my meetings for the next 2 weeks to next month and....." Rajdeep stops talking on the phone when Nandini says his name.

"I am gonna get some snacks," Nandini says. Rajdeep nods and starts talking again.

"Sorry for that. As I was saying my meeting with Mr. Awalia should be the first one next month. That's the most important meeting," Rajdeep cuts the call and stares out the big window. He observes the people who were sitting around him.

That's when he noticed a girl, wearing a White kurta with denims. Her hair was put in a low ponytail with some strand teasing her face. Her face scrunched up, engrossed in whatever she was doing in her phone.

Just then a guy came to her with a bottle of water and a bag filled with chips. The girls face immediately lit up.
The girl and the boy started to talks but Rajdeep couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Rajdeep, what are you looking a?" Nandini questioned when she saw her husband focusing somewhere so much that he didn't notice her sitting down next to him.

Rajdeep looked back at her and nodded his head in a no.

"These chips are my favorite," Mauli said while chewing loudly. Kunal closed his ears.

"Stop It yaar Mauli," Kunal said. "It's annoying.

"What's annoying?" Mauli gets more chips and crunches it loudly.

"Mauli everyone is looking at us," Kunal said looking around seeing pair of eyes staring at them.

"When I said, you were to busy sleeping," Mauli got more chips and chews it louder.

"Mauli!! !!!!!" Kunal shouts her name out. She glares at him.

"Ma'am sir, I need you to quiet down, please." A policeman came and told them. Kunal smiled at the police man.

" I am sorry," Mauli says. The policeman goes away. Mauli and Kunal laugh while high fiving.

"We beat our record Kunal," Mauli happily said. "This is our fourth airport where a policeman yelled at us,"

"I know," Kunal replies.

Just then their plane is called and both Kunal mauli and rajdeep Nandini get inside the plane.

"Kunal, I am taking the window seat," Mauli quickly takes the window seat while Kunal groans sitting down next to her.

"If I throw up, it's your fault," Kunal dangerously said but Mauli ignored him.

Rajdeep and Nandini took their seat.

The plane started and so did their journey.