Seeing Someone else

By DontKnowYouSorry

Lucy calmly walked hand and hand with the boy she loved. Every thing about him was perfect from his spiky hair to his well toned abs to his love for others and expecially his love for her. She smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder and they walked into the guild. She had the biggest crush on him since she joined the guild. His smile, laugh, and embrace was everything to her. She always thought he liked someone else. She looked up at him and spoke,

"Gray, I love you" Gray smiled down at her and replied, "I love you too Lucy" Across the guild a certain heartbroken fire mage sulked in his chair.

"Mira I think I'll leave for the day" Natsu told her.

"Alright Natsu" Mira replied. Natsu left happy at the guild and walked home. He couldn't bear to see his best friend,  mo love be with someone other than him. He looked at the ground deep in thought.  What does she see in him anyway. I am the one who brought her to fairy tail, I'm the one who usually saves her. That should be me holding her hand and whispering 'I love you' into her ear. He thought back to the day Gray and Lucy got together.

~* Flashback *~

Natsu pov

I walked into the guild with the biggest smile on my face. I was going to tell Lucy I love her. But when I walked into the guild there was a crowd around Lucy and Gray. Fighting to get to through the crowd so that I could tell her.
"NATSU" Lisanna called. She rushed up to me " Isn't it great Lucy and Gray are a couple"  My face fell before I put on a smile
"It real-" I was pulled away by Lucy
"I can't believe it Natsu. I never thought that Gray would like me back. But don't worry I won't leave you, you're my best friend after all" The word friend cut through me like a blade and threw itself straight in my heart.
"That's great Lucy. Anyway I have to go" I ran away, tears flying from my face and Lucy calling me. I avoided her and Gray every since and stopped going on jobs. I even stopped eating
(Flashback over)

Natsu opened the door to his house and fell on his bed. He began to cry himself to sleep as he does every night since that day. He heard his door open and close. Assuming it was happy he just laid in bed. Until he heard her calling him.

"Natsu what's wrong?" She walked into his room. He looked at her straight in the eye for the first time in a while and spoke. "You're seeing someone else"