1.

Dusk had passed. Now, as the sun is setting, the sky is becoming a pleasant purple colour and the first few stars start to become visible, in a way which seems as though they are peeking around a corner, appearing slowly at first then slowly becoming brighter, a beacon of hope and happiness. The sea gulls are starting to fly towards the last rays of the sun, off into the ocean. The waves are progressively creeping up onto the shore now. The warmth from the air is starting to be replaced by a chill. As time passes, the sky progressively becomes a black, seeming to look like a void. The sea gulls are all but gone and now their cries are barely just a whisper. The wind is picking up strength and the deathly chill it brings seems to replace Cobalt's spine with a large chunk of ice, freezing his entire body, his simple shirt and pants have given up in the fight having been outmatched by the ferocity of the wind. He wondered how his human protector had found such large clothes able to fit his gargoyle features. Cobalt shook his head from left to right, sending his black strands away from his sharp blue eyes. The waves are much larger now and they are now desperately reaching for waist. Perched on his rock, he has slowly spread his large white wings, the icy breeze softly stroking his face. How good it was, to feel the drafts come and go against his wings. Cobalt smiles, his upper fangs pointing out. His white skin coincided very well with the foam of the sea. Embracing a cold breeze coming toward him, the pale gargoyle let himself glide in the air, sliding against the air like a surfer on the waves. Now, the breeze carried him away from the shore, toward the city. He was careful not to glide too low, and hide himself from any human sight. It was a pain, due to his white skin, to hide in the darkening sky. Cobalt ceased focusing on his thoughts as the still shadows of the buildings began to envelop his figure. from a far range. The amazing technology used to raise buildings that seemed to touch the sky has developed and improved, and now incredible skyscrapers of all shapes and configurations are one of America's visit cards. 

Cobalt loved Boston. He had lived there his whole life, and he loved exploring this forest of iron and steel, of lights and darkness, of action and silence. The familiar sound of the cars in the streets confounded with the harsh wind, now turning into a soft winter draft. He silently blessed himself for being the noble creature he was. The wet, desolate streets of the city rested in silence as the starry black sky wept over it. The water in the portholes shimmered by the glow of the bright, yellow street lamps. The small, green trees on the roadside swayed as the strong breeze hit them. Above a faded zebra crossing, a traffic light frantically changed colors seeming rather like a disco light. A watchman snored comfortably on his dark brown stool under the protection of his shops's roof. Huge giant buildings stood besides the street, quiet as if taken over by an army of libraries. Some windows gave out white and yellow lights, but the others were pitch black. It seemed like the clouds had gotten a sudden fascination to the moon and wrapped themselves around it. The moon's faint glow passed through them, coloring them white from grey. The cool monsoon air carried a sweet moist scent like a candy shop kept inside a refrigerator. The streets of the city now rested again in lifeless silence except the gentle pattering of the raindrops. It lay there just like it had for many a changing years ready to rise when the sun's auburn rays would start to cast grey shadows over it. Then, Cobalt knew he would be turned to stone again, and that he would never feel the warm embrace of the sun around him, the hot atmosphere around him. The white gargoyle noticed the public library. His home. There wasn't any risk of encountering any humans, since the library shuts at 6pm, and opens at 7am. Well, there was at least one human he'd always encounter and spend time with. The draft carried the young creature to the roof of the building. The paved stones of the roof reminded the base of a medieval castle. Cobalt stretched his wings back and forth, balancing his weight in the wind, slowly moving down to the balcony. Back legs first, he smoothly perched himself in silence on the edge of the fence, silent like a bird of prey. Only familiar heavy steps made him raise his pointy ears in attention. Curling his tail and turning his head, Cobalt listened closely, before letting out a sigh.