10 | The Unit of Firefighters in Walls

dedicating this to my darling
who added my book ' tenth night '
on her reading list. nicole384
thank you honey ! ♥︎
love you and have a nice day !

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝ Hey Brother, how's it going? ❞ Boris, who was the Unit's Assistant Chief, asked. Boris had been a good friend of Brad since years back, being an assitant chief was already a huge honor for him as he was– after all– the one who manages and controls the activities of personnel assigned to the operations dividion. Boris was also responsible for creating programs to maintain and improve the fire service.

Bradley nodded, smiling at his brother. ❝ Good brother, how are ya'll asses doing without me? ❞

Ernest, who was the Driver Engineer or (DO), stepped in to answer. ❝ We miss you sometimes, majority of the time? Nah, not really. ❞ Laughs followed the Brother's retort, even being a DO was an honorable rank enough. Even though DOs are, obviously, responsible for driving apparatus, they are also responsible for fire pump and aerial ladder. Being a DO is a very technical position that does come with a lot of responsibility.

❝ I'm demoting you, kid. ❞ Brad teased, earning an eye roll from the DO. The rest of the day was spent with their usual talks. The job, the probies, fun nights, new women. They wanted to smother the fact that Brad was missing out right on his face, but they decided not to, well at least not for now.

Tyrell, a Lieutenant, shot his brother a question. ❝ Brother, is it just me or you seem to be lighter than usual? Happy . . I mean. ❞

Rounds of ❝ Heck yes! ❞ or ❝ What the hell, man, you're sick! ❞ came.

Brad could only put a smile on his face, shrugging his shoulders as he shook his head. This time, the howling of his brothers seem to increase, now the attention was set on him. ❝ Now now who's the Doc, Brother? ❞

❝ Hey! The woman could be a nurse, doctors are too old anyway. ❞ Stryker, the Captain, remarked, grabbing a canned beer they brought with and easily opened it, taking a swig as the others howled yet again. Now the Captain is followed by the Lieutenant's rank, they are usually the highest–ranking officer at the scene of an emergency as they also direct operations as needed.

Brad rolled his eyes as he leaned over to his bedside table and grabbed himself some water, his brothers bombarding him with questions yet he decided to act as if though they were invisible. He feels just normal, he's happy because he get to talk to Doctor Aphrodite frequently and. .

He get to be with Nurse Barry everyday, he get to be his friend.

Just as he placed his glass of water back to it's original place, his private room door opened.