cozy

tinos pov

It was so warm. He was so warm. Even the snow on the ground that I saw through my autumn shaded window, seemed so unnaturally puffy. It looked like hundreds of tiles of maple cotton candy layered ontop of one another, nuzzling together.

It was actually freezing cold on that balcony that we were sitting on, and at that moment, the evening sky was being gently dotted by thousands of fragile snowflakes making their way down to their sleeping friends. You could still see the setting sun behind them, and the sunkissed spruces in the distance. The soft rays of the sun sparkled through the trees, looking like pieces of silk that I almost felt like I was touching. And when he looked at me with those eyes, oh, those eyes that usually could freeze any flame, even they looked like they had been melted by the sunlight. Now was their turn to melt my heart.

It was so cozy under that soft blanket, snuggling up against him on that wooden floored terrace, staring at the night sky and watching as the stars slowly crowded it's surface. But even when the sun had gone to sleep, and the moon shined along with his tiny children, the auburn color did not leave the sky. It didn't leave the ground, it didn't leave the trees, nor the my windows. It didn't leave my heart, and neither did it leave his eyes. And when I placed the softest, smallest, yet sweetest little kiss on his lips under that blanket, it was like the warmth finally fully reached him too. His lips turned into the widest, most loving, yet calm smile I had ever seen in my entire life.  Everything felt perfect.

It was like my heart was glowing. Actually, no, more like shimmering. Just like those soft sunrays that shine through your curtains in the morning, waking you up gently, or those sunrays that feel like waves of little pieces of sand that lay you to sleep. And soon enough, that's what they did to me. As I slowly dirfted off into the mellow world of dreams, I could feel his warm hands float through my hair, and his glimmering eyes start to flicker too. With that, I knew, tomorrow was going to be a good day. Any day was going to be the best, as long as I got to be with him.

-

sorry guys, i just wanted to write something short, cute, and cheesy. i'm going to sleep now, since it's 0:06. i wrote this in my summer cottage. let's see what i think of this in the morning. i probably approved if you're reading this. 🧡

i came back to this two weeks later and decided to publish it. maybe the warm feeling that i had at that moment passes on to you now. i hope it does.