Six

LUCY

"Can I borrow a pen? Mine ran out." Sean asks, leaning my way.

I grab my small backpack, open it and scavenge through it. I grab a simple black pen and hand it to him.

He thanks me, and I nod.

"Okay, any questions about the notes?" Mr. Anderson questions, examining the students for any raised hands, his brown eyes land on one of the kids in the back, "Ah, yes, Michael. What's your question?"

I complete the notes and turn ny attention to the redhead in the last row, "Uh, when's the exams?"

"On Wednesday," Anderson answers, moving on to the next few kids.

The biggest test of the year is in two days, and I'm not prepared, at all. Even with all of my resources, I'm barely going to pass. I can see it now.

The last few minutes of class drag by, then the bell rings.

Thank God.

I swing my bag over my shoulder and rush out of the classroom before a hoard of people block it.

I walk to ny locker and put the combination in. Since it's lunch, I don't need to take anything with me. With that being said, I set my bag beneath the metal shelf.

Sighing, I shut the locker and become a little startled when I see Don's face, "What do you want, Don?" I roll my eyes.

"Okay, one, fix that attitude of yours before I fix it for you. Two, Bethany wants to invite you to the classic "end of school year" party." He said, keeping pace with me.

I cringe, "I don't even talk to her, so why does she want to invite me?"

Don just shrugged.

We reach the cafeteria doors and walk in.

Don eyes a new kid with dark brown, almost black, hair and dazziling blue eyes, "Yummy. He's definitely daddy material," I laugh at him, playfully punching his arm, too.

After Don and I get our lunches, we depart ways, for he sits at a table on the opppsite side on the room.

I look at everyone at my table as I sit down, "What's up, guys?"

I get various responses back. I see Jaquae was missing.

"He's sitting with that one chick with the nasty weave," Aniya rolled her eyes, gesturing to the table. I couldn't help but chuckle loudly at her.

So, her and Jaquae's situation is a complicated one. Back in January of last year, they begam dating. Literally a few days later, they broke up. A few days after that, they hooked up and were back together. It's been like that until March of this year, until they finally called it quits.

Aniya, Taylor, Hayden and myself all begin to concersate with one another about drama and other upcoming school events.

BILLIE

It's quite boring since Lucy and Eli had school today, because I don't get to talk with them.

Currently, I'm just watching tv on the couch in hopes of some entertainment, "Hey, Billie," Claudia spoke, opening and shutting the door, "Have you seen Finneas today?

"Yeah, he's in his room." I point to the hallway.

She politely bobs her head then goes in the direction I said.

I release a heavy sign and turn back to the tv.

Some time had passed and the front door opened, I glance over, and it was Lucy. Excitement rushed through my body as I hugged her tightly.

Once we pulled apart, she looks at me baffled, "Okay, what was that?"

"Can a girl not miss a friend, babe? Or is that, like, not allowed?" I sarcastically say, she grins.

We sit and talk until Eli comes in, "Hi, sissy!" The little boy punces on Lucy and gives her a big hug. After the depart, he gently puts his backpack beside the couch.

"Hey, kiddo," I smile at him, "How was school?"

He plops in between Lucy and me, "Well, I met a new friend today, she was really pretty!" Eli exclaimed.

I could've said the same thing about two weeks ago.

"Oh yeah? What's her name?" Lucy shifts her position to face Eli and me while sitting in the Indian style.

"Her name is Elizabeth, but we call her Liza." His energy was so strong. I could genuinely feel the happiness radiating off of his small frame.

Finneas swings his door open, "Is he back yet?!"

Fin and Eli had become quite close, and Eli mentioned how Fin was like a big brother to him.

"Finny!" Eli shouts, running down the hall and to Finneas' room.

We hear Claudia squeal in joy then followed that up with, "Oh, he's adorable!"

I used the time Lucy looked away to examine her perfectly placed features.

"Oh! Luce, I'm writing a song, and I want you to be the first to hear,"

I take her hand and lead her to my room. Well, our room at the moment.

I softly push her to sit on the bed while I grab the somg lyrics.

Sitting on the bed next to her, I clear my throat to sing, and while I'm singing to her, she just stares in complete awe.

I finish the lyrics that I have written down, and she opens her mouth to say something, "Billie, that was amazing!" She cheers, "You should talk to Finneas about recording that,"

I shrug at her suggestion, "Honestly, I think I want to wait until it's time for a new single, because we already have the songs done."

"Do what you want. It is your song after all.,"

I half-smile at her, "I'll take your word into consideration,"

Then it gets quiet. We just look at each other, blank stares.

"You have the most beautiful eyes, Luce." I whisper, and she looks down, a shade of red surged through her cheeks.

I clear my throat, "Anyway, have you talked to your mom today?"

Her blue eyes meet mine, "No, she still hasn't gotten back to me on a specific date."

Subconsciously, I bite my lip, "I hope everything goes well between you two."

"Thank you, Billie, really."

As if to avoid any more silence, Claudia comes in, "Billie, Lucy, would you care to join us to watch a movie?"

I stand up, offering Lucy my hand, this time, though, she ignores it and gets up.

Claudia stands by the door as we walk out. She, then, follows closely behind us.

Once we reach the livingroom, I see Eli sitting on Finneas' lap, and Claudia takes the seat next to the two. Leaving two more empty seats for Lucy and me.

I allow Lucy to sit first, and after I sit down, Finneas begins the movie.

The movie was finally over and as the credits roll through, I feel Lucy's head on my shoulder and her body clinging to mine.

Usually, I would be very uncomfortable, but she just felt different.

I didn't want to disturb anyone, for they were all passed out, so I laid my head on top of Lucy's and smile as I drift off to slimber.