Chapter 1

Arya's P. O.V.

"Beep-beep-beep-----"

"Ugh it's vacation time. Why is this alarm disturbing my sleep?" I said to no one in particular and didn't bother to turn the alarm off. All of a sudden it dawned upon me that it's the first day of my first job and this alarm was trying to wake me up for that.

I left the warmth of my bed immediately and sprang towards the bathroom. There I saw a note from Zara it said:

"I'm going early. You can come at 10:00 am because the boss is not coming today and breakfast is in the fridge.
Love you."

"Oh you don't know how much I love you Zara," I sighed in relief.

I took a quick bath and wore the outfit we had chosen earlier. I saw my reflection in the mirror. I really looked like a professional. I wore a white button-up shirt with a cream-colored pencil skirt and a heel. I made a high ponytail of my raven hair. Suddenly I realized I should check the time because I had to be there at 10. I checked my phone and it was 9:30 am.

I immediately put a little pink gloss on my lips and a thin layer of mascara on my long and curved lashes to curve them more. I took my cell phone and rushed towards the door and locked it.

I hired a taxi and asked the driver to take me to ALIM Enterprise. It was 9:55 when I reached there. After paying the fare, I half-walked and half-ran towards the lift. It was just about to close and I quickly entered and pushed the button to floor 9. I had come here a few times before with Zara and Tom.

I went to the desk where Zara was sitting and greeted her.

"You came on the exact time," she said.

"Yeah, how do I look?" I chimed in with excitement.

"You look very---," she thought for a while and then spoke, "good."

"Oh Zara, just good. You are always lacking in the complimentary section, "I told her. "If I had asked Tom, he would have told me correctly."

She replied laughing silently," he won't tell you truly he would just brag."

"Whatever," I retorted back, "I do look wonderful."

I felt nervous all of a sudden. "Zara, there won't be any problem? You checked everything?"

"No, there will be no problem at all. Just relax and come, sit here," she reassured me and pointed to a chair.

I went behind her desk and sat on the chair. I looked around and it was beautiful, to say the least. You could see your image in the tiles, such clean it was. The floor had only three rooms and a hall.

One room was of the boss', the second one was of Zara's, but because she was doing the duty of both personal assistant and receptionist that was why she was sitting outside on the desk and third one, I assume, was the kitchen. All three rooms had brown doors and I haven't seen any of the rooms from inside yet. The hall was where they held meetings.

I was here to be a receptionist to the boss of this prestigious company.

"Zara," I called her, "what should I do?"