Chapter 2

Arya's P. O. V

"Wake up, Arya."

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!"

"You know how much I hate you, Zara," I replied whilst groaning.

I put the pillow on my head and went to sleep again.

"It's already 6:30 and it's not late depending on how much time you take to dress up. Don't forget that you literally woke me up at 4 o'clock in the morning." She was posing to sound mad.

"Who gave you this brilliant idea to put alarms after every 10 minutes when you surely knew you were not going to wake up."

In my subconscious mind, I heard Zara and my blanket was pulled off.

"Zara, what the real fuck?" I said sitting up in the bed, my hair sticking up all over my face.

"How many times I have to tell you not to curse?" she asked putting both of her hands on her waist.

"How many times I have to tell you not to wake me up so early in the morning?" I retaliated, almost falling back to sleep.

She hurriedly came to bed and dragged me towards the bathroom.

"I know you can't afford to be late on your second day of job that's why I'm waking you up." I felt her smiling.

"Otherwise I don't want to deal with a sleepy head like you," she said and pushed me inside the bathroom.

All of a sudden I realized I had a job to go and all sleep vanished from my eyes and dizzy brain.

I took a bath in haste and put on a black and red printed shirt along with a black pencil skirt and a black high heel. Then I straightened my hair and let them hang on my shoulders.

After a while Zara entered the room, she was too wearing a pencil skirt with a button-up shirt but her full attire was white.

I felt like a pencil skirt was the only professional dress, at least for me it was.

"You never wanted a job to get money, you just wanted to dress up so formally every day," she said smiling.

"Nope," I said popping the P. "I wanted the job to get money," I paused; "I wanted money to get beautiful dresses and doll myself up," I completed with a grin.

She again smiled and seeing that I started missing my Mom. I made a self note to call her in the evening.

I looked at the clock in the hall and it was striking 7:30. Zara made me eat breakfast. After that we hired a cab and went to the office.

I smiled seeing the receptionist on the ground floor. She was a pleasant-looking woman almost in her mid-thirties, she smiled back at me.

Zara did, and received the same gesture.

We went to our desired floor. Zara went inside her room. I sat on the chair and put my handbag on the table in front. It was 8:10 now but Mr. Wali hasn't come yet. I took out my phone and started taking selfies and the one I liked the most I posted that on Instagram.

The lift dinged. I looked towards the direction from where the sound came and found Mr. Wali stepping out. I was reminded of the incident that took place yesterday and I swore never to sleep during the office hours again.

I stood up and said, "Good morning, sir."

He gave me a curt nod and continued walking towards his office.

How rude!

I attended a few calls only. No one had come to meet Mr. Wali yet. I was getting bored; sitting there lazily. My legs were itching to go meet Tom. I was really missing him and was lost in my thoughts of eating a pizza when I heard.