-> pнoenιх

To ensure whoever possesses their power understands it,
the stones demand a sacrifice.
A soul, for a soul.

I accept.

Phoenix! Peter

-

"Mr. Stark? You did it, sir, you did it. I'm sorry, Tony..."

Those were his last words before strong arms pulled him away from the limp body of his mentor. He felt like his feet couldn't hold him up anymore, tears falling down his cheeks like rivers. His whole world was crumbling, he couldn't hear anything. Just the fading heartbeat of the Iron Man and his loud sobs. Until...

The Phoenix needs a new host. This one has the strengh.

He won't accept it.

Unless we offer him something in return.

Peter

Peter

Peter

His eyes shifted to the stones on Tony Stark's arm. They shined brighter and brighter, almost daring him to pick them up. With slow steps, he reached his mentor's side and put his hand on the six gems.

We can save him. You can save him.
In order to bring him back, you have to make a sacrifice. Will you do it, Peter?

I will.

- - -

The stones told the Avengers a prophecy about the Infinite Phoenix.

"Listen well! We speak the future! A prophecy for all to hear! A boy with the purest of heart will be chosen from the deeps of rubble. His body transformed, reborn on earth becoming one with mind and soul. He will set on a journey, a trial that tests the heart and soul. The Infinite Phoenix shall be the universe's salvation..."

He was hovering over them all, six shadows standing behind him and a giant orange entity flew over him.

"Or the cause of its destruction."

He saw imagines play like a movie in front of his eyes: explosions, people screaming, trains flying, his teammates dying.

He had no control over his body as the flying giant went right into him, letting the body it now controlled slowly land on its feet on the ground. His body.

"I am the Phoenix."