Fight [2]

*Cole's POV*

"No Lili, there's nothing to explain." I look at her with sadness, prominent in my eyes.

"Cole, you need to let me explain to you because it's not what you—" She tries saying but I cut her off.

"You know, I really thought I won the god damn lottery with you. Then I find out that you cheat on me with one of my best friends. God, who even are you anymore?" I say while more tears fall down my cheeks.

Tears then fall from her eyes.

"Come on, Cole...I'm still that girl you ran into in the halls...I'm still that girl you kissed for the first time under the moonlight...I'm still that girl who you asked to prom in the most extravagant way...Cole...I'm still me." She explains, tears rapidly falling down her face.

"Yeah? Well I beg to differ. But I will not have my night ruined by you." I walk straight past her and as I'm about to walk out, she loses her temper.

"Fine Cole! You just leave then! Without knowing the whole story and what actually happened because you're just a jealous prick!"

In that moment, I thought about turning around but decided against it. I just shook my head and walked out of the restrooms, back to the school hall.

*Lili's POV*

I'm still in the men's restrooms but then Dylan comes in.

"Think you have the wrong restrooms." He says but notices that I'd been crying. "Things didn't go well?" He asks.

"Nope...he didn't even just let me explain." I lean on one of the sinks, tears still on my cheeks.

"Look Lili," He begins as he leans on the sink next to me. "you know how stubborn Cole can be and when he feels like he's going to lose someone or he feels like he's being...I guess threatened in anyway, he gets upset." Dylan explains.

"I just want to work things out with him but he's just..." I can't find the word.

"Stubborn." Dylan says and chuckles and I laugh a little at that. "Look, you guys are strong and this is just a bump in the road. There's not a chance that you'll lose him now, most certainly not this way. I'll try and knock some sense into him because...I think we can both agree that you guys are perfect for each other." Dylan says and smiles.

I nod then Dylan wraps his arms around me.

"Thanks Dylan." I say.

"No problem, don't let this ruin your night. Go back out there and dance." He smiles.

I smile back then walk out back to the school hall.

*Cole's POV*

Since it seems I'm now dateless, I'm just drinking punch and leaning against a wall. I spot Lili come back in and she gets approached by Barbara and they seem to go off and dance. Soon after, Dylan comes over to me.

"Listen to me now, Cole and don't interrupt me." Dylan starts so I sigh and shut up. "I know it may have seemed like Lili and Charles were having a romantic moment but...It wasn't." I look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean? Of course it was." I say.

"I told you not to interrupt." He says then continues. "Cami didn't show up and Charles was upset because he was really looking forward to dancing with her. So, Lili being an amazing friend, accepted his invitation to have a little dance, because she felt bad." Dylan explains and I now feel bad for not letting her explain.

"She obviously told you this but how do you know that she isn't lying?" I say and fully face him now.

"For god sake, Cole. Because she fucking loves you!" He yells and that catches the attention of some surrounding couples. "She would NEVER in a million years do anything to hurt you. Even you know this." Dylan looks at me with slight annoyance.