forty eight

SHE WAS BARELY THREE STEPS OUT OF THE CAR WHEN SHE HEARD THE SHOUTING. "hey, arrowhead!"

zendaya looked shocked as her girlfriend plowed forward, launching herself into the arms of teddy lewis. cheers arose from other cast members as they arrived to gawk at her suit.

"my god, char," amelié de los santos said, taking a step back to admire the color. "i'm fuckin' blind."

charlie laughed and swept the hispanic girl in for a hug. "girl, it's been too long! how was spain?"

amelié launched into retelling the stories from her film in spain as they moved down the carpet, pausing for pictures and autographs on the way. eventually, charlie was tugged aside for an interview.

her palms were sweaty. mom's spaghe—

okay. time to play cool.

the interviewer faced the camera with a glowing grin and introduced herself. "hi guys, i'm erin carey for entertainment weekly here with charlotte hemsworth at the premiere of young avengers! charlie, how does it feel? this is your first starring role!"

charlie laughed, trying to let out some nerves. "yeah, it is. i'm really nervous! like, i've been to marvel premieres before but never have i actually been the face of the event. it's crazy!"

"and who are you here with?"

here it goes here it goes here it— "zendaya."

erin's face lit up, like she was waiting for the entrance. "speaking of! you two have been silent about the rumors that have been circulating for almost a year now. can you give us an official statement? what is your relationship with zendaya?"

"well- i mean, yeah. we've been dating for about four months. i'm pansexual. surprise!" her heart was pounding so hard she could barely hear herself say the words. had they even been audible? charlie couldn't tell you. but, by the grin on erin's lips, she had heard.

"congratulations you guys!" she turned to face the camera. "you heard it here first, folks! zendaya and charlie are officially together!"