Chapter 45

AN: Okay guys, I'm back after spending forever off the face of the earth. I'm really sorry it took me so long, but you wouldn't believe the series of unfortunate coincidences that stacked up in my life, preventing me from writing. A complicated situation, to simplify: involving a certain incident, a switch of devises and a comical password that yours truly couldn't for the life of her remember~ but I'm back now. 

Also, I don't know if you guys know about this site -  https://narutoeverything.com/ (I'll put it down in the external link for you, at the bottom of the page)- but it has some really amazing Naruto Merch (I recently checked it out myself, they have lots of really fun stuff!). It also has FREE SHIPPING- do check it out, I found a lot of cute stuff (*cough cough* kunai knives *cough cough*). I also got a code if any of you guys want a 10% discount: Aisherai

But now, have fun reading and don't hold back on the criticism, my writing has gotten really bad hasn't it~~~? TT^TT

I can't believe my simply supernatural procrastination has crawled its way even into my writing...ugh heavens!

But I love you guys, have a nice day!

_________

Sasuke POV

I followed Kakashi down a dark tunnel, the only sound being our echoing footsteps. I was feeling better than before the battle: less tired, less in pain. My step was energized, not lagging behind Kakashi's fast gate at all. That battle had been exhilarating. When Ren took control, she hadn't pushed me down. I could watch like through a screen, still see what she saw through my eyes. It was a strange experience: empowering yet helpless at the same time. But I didn't want to dwell on it. That match was a resounding victory for me.

Thanks Ren.

I heard the clear sound of a drop splashing onto the stone floor. The blood must be dripping off me.

You're welcome, again.

She sounded annoyed and sarcastic, but did she seriously think she managed to hide the slight undertones of pride and smugness? Well, she really didn't.

My step faltered slightly when Kakashi stopped. The man had led me deep underground, into a damp room that only seemed to be held up by the countless stone-pillars stretching from the ground into the floor everywhere one looked. But in the middle of the damp and dark space, was a small opening. A small area where there were no pillars, only a strange ring with stone markings. Along the edge of the circle carved out on the stone floor, a few loops of iron were sticking out suspiciously.

They look like the kind one attaches chains to.

My gaze cooled as I threw a glance at Kakashi. My sensei was looking back at me, his face straight as ever as he slowly inclined his head towards the circle and spoke.

"Alright Sasuke, off with the shirt and into the circle, on your knees."