Chapter One

~Arrival~

Y/n

"Do you understand how lame this is? Why can't I be like the rest of my friends and go on some cool summer vacation to the Bahamas?" 

"Do you have Bahamas money", my mom asks sarcastically.

I scoff at her question and roll my eyes before shifting in my seat so that I'm facing the window.

The moonlight shines down, casting a soft shadow against my face. My hair blows through the wind and I sigh.

"This is stupid. What kind of Camp starts at 10 pm? Do you realize what could potentially happen to me tonight?! I could get attacked by a bear, I could get raped, I could slip in dog shit and break my neck, a serial killer could find my cabin and cut my heart out of my chest-"

"If you say it, it just might happen," my mother smirks deviously.

"Mom! I could die and you find this amusing?!"

"Oh please, you're going to be fine. I don't see what the problem is anyway since Dinah is going to be there too-"

"She's only going because I begged her to help me cope with being tossed into the elements to fend for myself. Nice to know my own parents want me dead!"

"Stop it. You know we love you-"

"Really? Then why isn't dad even driving with us?"

"Because we came to a mutual understanding that us all being together for this wasn't necessary! You know this-"

"No its because you both are scared that if you are near each other for too long you will realize how stupid this divorce is," I mumble.

"Y/n. Please don't do that."

"It's fine. Whatever can you just drop me off to my death now?"

Camila

"So whats this camp going to be like? I kinda imagine a bunch of lesbians sitting around campfires singing songs about unrequited love," Sophia grins.

"I actually wouldn't mind if that was the case but....no, it's supposed to be this weird, super secretive themed camp that somehow involves music."

"What if it's a porno camp?"

"Sophia", my father scolds.

"Sorry, papa..."

"I'm sure it's not a porno camp," I whisper to my sister.

She giggles and nudges my shoulder playfully.

"Seriously though, the thought is nice and all but why can't I just stay home and sulk?"

"Mija, the world does not begin and end with Julliard. You can't be depressed about it forever," my mom says softly.

"Why not? Everything I did in high school was in hopes of getting into Julliard!"

"And they are stupid for not accepting you," my father groans

"True but still, you are talented and you need to lighten up! You graduated! You need to take some time to enjoy your success, Camila," My mother coos.

"If you say so," I sigh and lean my head in my baby sisters shoulder...

Lauren

"You know something? Love man... Love isn't easy it's hard", I breathe out heavily, exhaling the smoke that I had inhaled only moments ago.

"Fuck love man. Love probably isn't real anyway. Nothing is. We are all living on a figment of God's imagination-"

"Oh my God, Chris! That is the most logical thing you have ever said. Dude seriously, you should like tell that to fucking NASA or somebody cuz yo-"