08 | Travis?

Posted: 7/24/19

Art By: BinofTrash

Sorry for any mistakes.

-----

~Four Days Later~

~Y/n's Demon's POV~

Today, is my death day. The only reason I know is because I 'overheard' the guards talking about when I was going to die. How lovely.

Right now there are no guards next to me, for some reason, maybe they're having a banquet for my execution.

My internal rambling was interrupted by a shuffling noise coming from down the hall of cells.

I buried my head in my knees, my hands still cuffed behind me.

I heard the footsteps come closer until they stopped in front of what seemed like my cell.

"What do you want?" I snapped still looking down. "Is it time for me to die?"

"Actually, I came here for a different reason," said a white-haired demon.

I looked up, "Travis? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to free you," he whispered.

"Why didn't you come earlier?" I scoffed quietly.

"There were always guards around you. I could only come now because they're all celebrating."

I knew it!

"So how do you plan on getting me out? They were rude enough to leave my hands cuffed BEHIND me," I turned around and showed him my hands.

Travis smirked then pulled something out of his pocket. "Keys."

"How did you even get those? I don't think they would trust you THAT much."

"I stole it from the guards quarters while they were sleeping," Travis explained.

A moment of silence passed.

"How do I know you're not taking me to them? I mean if you're going to take me to them, there's no reason to take me out of my cell."

"Do you not trust me?" Travis asked.

"I've only known you for four days," I shrugged.

"Fair point."

"I mean, I guess I trust you, you were the only one I talked to this entire time . . ."

Travis unlocked the cell and took the cuffs off my wrists.

I rolled my wrists in circles and they popped. "Ow, I haven't been able to move my wrists in a while."

"Come on, let's go," Travis whispered.

We snuck out of the dungeons and then I heard people talking.

"The Demon Witch's execution is in 30 minutes," said one voice.

"I know! Isn't it exciting?" Said another voice.

I've never seen people so excited for my death, or anyone else's death.

"Travis, we need to go now. My execution is in 30 minutes but they're most likely to get me early," I whispered.

He looked at me then nodded.

We continued sneaking down the hall then we saw the banquet hall. Everyone was in there.

I peeked my head in to make sure no one was looking and we ran across. I saw the exit door and we started heading toward it.