Are We Just Friends? ( Natsu x Gray)

Prompt: "Are We Just Friends?"

Pairing: Gray x Natsu

Natsu Dragneel was not in a good mood, in fact, he was as far from a good mood as he could possibly get. First, Loke had not let up about Gray the whole time they had been on their disastrous job, and that was most definitely the last time he took Loke on a job with him without Lucy.

He couldn't understand how Cana and Gray could have possibly enjoyed it when they were a team. When Loke wasn't trying to build Gray up or get Natsu to admit to feelings he wasn't entirely sure about, he was openly talking about his conquests, including men.

Natsu was now armed with more knowledge about gay relationships and sex than he'd ever wanted to know. To be honest, at this point, he just wanted to keep Loke as far away from Gray as possible. And that in itself confused him. He'd been grateful when Gray had offered to go get Wendy because he just wasn't capable of looking at him at the moment.

To make matters worse, he was stuck in the infirmary with an apologetic Celestial Spirit, a doting Mira and an Erza that was just acting... weird. It was irritating. Ugh! Why the hell did Gray have to say that to him?

Natsu closed his eyes, trying to block everyone out, but when he did that he was accosted by the memory of Gray kissing him, and the knowledge that before he'd freaked out, he had most definitely kissed him back.

And he didn't know what it meant. Was he in love with Gray too? Was he just surprised at being kissed? It's not like anyone else had ever kissed him before, not like that. He'd shared a few pecks with Lisanna, but he hadn't really felt much, and he was pretty sure she hadn't either.

Dammit!

He stiffened as he scented Wendy entering the guild, but relaxed again when he could only smell Lucy and Happy with her. Wendy entered the infirmary and asked everyone to leave so she could examine Natsu properly.

"Thank you," Natsu smiled at Wendy, who only nodded, keeping her expression impassive as she looked at his injuries.

"I thought you might like to be left alone for a bit," Wendy smiled sweetly, "It's been an exciting day around here."

"Exciting?" Natsu pouted, always unhappy to miss anything that might be fun.

"Mhm," Wendy mumbled, now content that the injuries were nothing too serious she began to use her magic to heal Natsu.

"How did you get all these anyway?" Wendy commented as she worked, "These types of injuries are unusual for you."

"We got ambushed," Natsu volunteered, "I got in the way of a few hits that were meant for Loke."

"Loke?" Wendy stopped for a moment, her features scrunched in confusion, "I didn't realize he went on jobs on his own."

"He doesn't usually," Natsu explained and then muttered under his breath, "I should have realized what he was up to."

"Up to?"

"Don't worry about it," Natsu smiled, then remembering some of the things that Loke had said he quickly added, "Just promise me you'll never go on a job alone with that guy."

Wendy looked surprised by the request, but she agreed. "Natsu-san, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, kiddo what's up?"

"Are you and Gray-san together?"

"Not you too!" Natsu whined, "Why would you think that?"

"There was a lot of talk at Fairy Hills today, people were saying you and Gray did something, but they wouldn't tell me what it was."