Blurred Vision

(Same as in my OS, italicized print is thoughts and non-italicized is what the characters are speaking out loud. What's in bold is the narration 😜)
_______________________________________

ON THE SET OF GOENKA VILLA:

Shoot is over for the day and we see a tear-stricken Momo frantically searching for someone.

M - Jaan, kahan ho? Tumne promise kiya tha ki set pe hi rahogi, chahe tumhara pack-up mujhse pehle kyun na ho jaaye. Kahan gayab ho gayi ab?

Trying very hard not to think about the scene he and the rest of the team just finished shooting, his search for his jaan finally brings him to the dressing room area where he finds the door to his room unlocked. Knowing it's definitely her inside, he enters and finds her lost in some game she's probably just downloaded. Removing the phone from her hand, he pulls her into a standing position and immediately engulfs her in the tightest hug possible, as if letting her go would mean she'd disappear from his sight. Initially pouting in annoyance at the interruption, she immediately feels a wetness on her skin and knows he's crying.

M - Tum yahan ho, maine poora set chaan maara tumhare liye, Shivi. Ek message nahin kar sakti thi batane ke liye ki yahan ho?

S - Sorry, signal nahin mil raha tha issliye message nahin kar payi.
Vaise, shot khatam ho gaya? Aaj ke liye pack up hogaya aapka?

M - Hmmm.

S - Chalo, finally free hogaye aap.
Achcha Momo, mujhe theek se saans nahin aa rahi hai. Thoda grip loosen karo na?

M - Mujhe bhi theek se saans nahin aa rahi hai, Shivi. Tumhein maloom hai na kaunsa scene shoot karke aaya hoon main abhi. Mujhe laga tha ki promo already shoot kar chuke hain, iss baar picture pe maala dekh kar utna affect nahin hounga. Par...

S - Par iss baar bhi vaisa hi laga? Main samajh sakti hoon Momo.

M - Tum nahin samajh sakti, jaan! Woh picture chahe Naira ki ho, chahe show mein bhale hi main Naira ka Kartik hoon. Par voh picture asal mein toh tumhari hi hai na. Aur tum meri ho. Phir usko dekhke, tum hi bolo, dard nahin hoga kya mujhe?
Promo shoot ki tarah, aaj bhi glycerine ki zaroorat nahin padi, aasun toh apne aap hi aate rahe photo dekhke. Aur shot cut hojata tha phir bhi rukne ka naam hi nahin lete the. Issliye, shayad, abhi tak darr lag raha hai. 🙈

S - Momo, par main yahin hoon na. Dekho main aapki bahon mein, aapke saamne, aapse baat kar rahi hoon. Kuch nahin hua hai mujhe, main bilkul theek hoon. Phir kyun itna darr rahe ho aap? Jo bhi hua hai, Kartik ki Naira ko hua hai, Momo ki Shivi ko nahin. Please, meri taraf dekho?

Shivi leans back in their hug just enough to see him, yet not lose any of the proximity either. She lifts his face slightly to look into the eyes that are brimming with tears, filled with more love for her than she could ever have dreamed of.

Seeing the fresh tears that are starting to flow continuously down his cheeks now, she holds his face in her hands and gently kisses each of them away, repeating after each kiss "I love you and I'm right here", trying to reassure him of her presence through her words and actions.

Once his tears dry up, she proceeds to loop her hands around his neck, joining their foreheads, brushing their noses as they've so often done in the past, especially in the last few days since they found out about the separation and the upcoming storyline.

Pulling her further into him, hugging her even more tightly, he hides his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent to calm himself down and prevent whatever tears that remain unshed, from falling.