Part 5

*LIZZY'S POV*

I sat on the edge of the bed and thought about what had just happened. Tom knew about me and Nathan which meant that I only had about another five hours in a relationship with Tom before he declared it was all over. I suppose I brought this on myself really. I had a choice and I chose to sleep with Nathan while I was with Tom. I can't even partly blame it on Nathan since he told me no to start with, but I convinced him it would be a good idea. Why am I so stupid? I had something good and I threw it away because I wanted some fun? Because I was bored and wanted some excitement? No. I threw it all away because I was too stupid to realise what I had.

I dragged my clothes on slowly. Not even making an effort to make myself look presentable. I put my hair in a scruffy bun, put a bit of foundation on and then chucked Tom's hoodie over the top of me. It instantly made me feel closer to Tom. Made me realise what I had thrown away. Made me feel warm inside; the same way I felt when I was with Tom. But now I would never have that again. Never have the satisfaction of Tom touching me, Tom's lips on mine; his hands in mine and his body against mine. I knew he was going to end it, there was no way he would stay with me knowing what me and Nathan had been doing behind has back.

I walked downstairs and threw myself onto the sofa. I didn't put the TV on, instead I sat there in silence taking in my surroundings. The pictures of me and Tom that covered the walls. The smell of Tom on the hoodie I was wearing. The sofa where we had shared many cuddles together and watched many films during a night in. I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts because once Tom had spoken to me, I would never be able to enjoy it again.

I was distracted from my thoughts by a knock at the door. There was only one person it could be. I jumped from the seat I was sat on and threw the door open. There she was, stood there with a massive smile on her face.

"LAURA!" I shouted happily at her.

"LIZZY!" she screamed excitedly back at me and embraced me in a massive hug.

"It's so good to see you again!" I said at her.

"It's been far too long..." she smiled as I let her into the flat.

"So, how has work been then?" I asked her, walking into the living room and sitting back down on the sofa.

"Yeah, it's pretty good. I got another promotion and get paid a lot more now!"

"That's good to hear."

"How are you and Tom then? Still together?"

"We won't be together by the end of the day..."

"Why? What happened?" she asked, sounding pretty shocked by what I had just said.

"Well, I kinda started sleeping with Nathan for fun when Tom wasn't here and he's found out that we've doing it!" I replied with a single tear rolling down my cheek.

"Oh Lizzy, why would you be so stupid?" she asked pulling me into a hug.

"I don't know but now I'm going to lose the best thing to ever happen to me and it's going to destroy me!"

"And what about Jay? Do you still have feelings for him?"

"He doesn't even know I exist unless we're both drunk...at the start I only got with Tom to get closer to Jay but then I developed proper feelings for Tom. Now, I love him and it will hurt me so much if I lose him" I said through the tears that were now bouncing off Laura's back.

"I'm sure he won't leave you. Not if he really loves you..." she whispered to me. And there he was, stood in the doorway, just looking at me. Listening to what I had to say, but what would he have to say about the whole thing.

"Why Lizzy? Why would you do this to me?"

But I didn't have an answer. The truth was, I had no idea why I had done it. No reply that I gave him would ever be good enough...