2 - She Is Back

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, we have just landed at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and we are now taxiing to the NAIA Centennial Terminal 2. Welcome to Manila!"

Ashley waited until the light of the seat belt sign turned off. The eleven-hour flight from Sydney to Manila was for real tiring and all she wanted to do was to lie down and rest. She sighed. Her mind was seriously in a mess as she looked outside the plane window. Manila. Yes, once again. A year after she went back to Australia with the thought of not ever coming back to this place only ending up being here once again, but now for good. Fate is really playing with her, she thought.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. You're the only passenger left in the plane, is there any problem or something I can help you with?" A flight attendant shattered her cloudy thoughts and daydreams and brought her back to her senses. She looked around and truth behold she was the only passenger left in there. Damn. 

"U-uh.. Oh. Sorry. I was looking for something. I mean. I'm sorry, can you help me with my luggage up there please?" She panicked but was able to compose herself easily. She unbuckled her seat belt and stood up just as the attendant hand in her her carry on luggage. "Thanks, and sorry for the trouble." The attendant said thanks and smiled.

She hurriedly went out of the plane pulling her luggage with her as she strode to the baggage reclaim area. She stood there and stared at the moving baggage carousel thinking about life and how did she end up with the decision to come back to the Philippines after she broke the engagement with Austin and completely ending everything about them. What the hell is happening with you Ashley. Her bags came to her sight and she quickly pulled them out of the carousel before these go the other side. She had some difficulty as both of the bags are big and heavy. Her life is with her inside those bags. Literally and figuratively.

"Sissy! Welcome back!" And there you go, she finally saw Kyzha with her husband Mich carrying their first born daughter. She stepped out of the arrival gate greeted with all smiles. "Mabuti naman bumalik ka na Ash, hay finally." Kyzha gave her a quick hug and a beso, greeting her as warm as always. She did not really care what she looked like at the moment. As far as she remembered, she put on a denim jacket on top of her plain white tank top paired with black jeans. Her hair was in a messy bun nevertheless she still thought that she looked presentable in front of her friends. She tapped Kyzha's back and right after letting go of Kyzha's hug, she reached out on Mich to hug him loosely careful not to wake their sleeping daughter.

"Ashley, welcome back to Manila. Eto inaanak mo oh, tulog." Mich showed a huge grin on his face, a proud dad and husband indeed and still looking good.

"Salamat for fetching me ah. I really did not know who to ask for help here in Manila. You know how much I am avoiding contacting relatives." She said gratefully. 

"Nako, wala yun ano ka ba." Kyzha held her baby as Mich was the one to assist Ashley on her bags. 

"This was all of a sudden but you are here pa rin. Thank you." Ashley responded.

"Aysus nagdrama ka na naman Ashley. Ikaw pa ba? Mahihindian namin? Kahit kakarating lang din namin dito sa Manila after vacation sa Cebu, di ka namin pwede iwanan no." Mich was all jolly with his responses.

"Kaya nga Ashley, alam mo ba.. Buong tropa sana susundo sayo kaso nga si Emjay ayun busy sa negosyo nya. Si Batit naman may project na paparating kaya busy sa storycon. Si Seth sana sasama kaso diba kasama nya always si.." Kyz looked at Ashley. "..okay na ba kayo?" She asked a little bit worried.

"Who? Tan? Hmm. I don't know. I hurt him so bad remember?" She sighed as she helped Mich organized her bags in the trunk of their car. Kyz settled at the back since she's carrying the baby. "Can I sit with you at the back too? Mich you okay with that?"