Watermelon

Admittedly, Ladybug had been a bit skeptical of Queen Bee joining the team at first.

She was... unique, to say the least. She didn't really act like a superheroine- other than when she helped save the city, of course- and she sometimes gave off a vibe that the whole "helping others" thing was new to her.

But Master Fu had given Queen Bee her miraculous. And Ladybug trusted him and his judgement, of course. But she couldn't help but be wary of the blonde.

However, they eventually started to bond. Ladybug began to see past the superheroine's flaws and started to see her good qualities.

She was outgoing and brave. She truly loved being a superhero. She trusted Ladybug and Chat Noir and always had their backs. And, despite the occasional comments that hinted otherwise, Ladybug believed that deep down, she was genuinely kind and loved her city.

Over time, the two of them grew close. They would talk and laugh about everything, and Marinette often found herself itching to transform and spend time with her.

Which, of course, was why kissing her just felt so right.

They had been sitting on the edge of a rooftop together, their feet dangling over the edge as they talked, when suddenly, Queen Bee had kissed her.

And her lips tasted like watermelon.

"Wait," Ladybug said breathlessly as she pulled away from the kiss. "We- we shouldn't."

"Why not?" Queen Bee asked, taking Ladybug's hand in hers.

"Because it- it would be irresponsible of us," Ladybug said, though her lips tingled with desperation at the thought of kissing her again.

Ladybug turned to face the skyline, not responding as she let go of the other girl's hand.

"We're teammates. I wish we could do this- believe me, I really want to- but the city comes first, right? We can't do anything that would jeopardize the team."

Queen Bee sighed. "I know."

Ladybug leaned her head on Queen Bee's shoulder, and they simply sat in silence, enjoying each other's company as they watched the sun set over the Parisian skyline.

***

"Hey, LB," Chat Noir said, catching her just before she took off after ending patrol one evening a few days after the kiss.

"Yeah?"

"Is everything okay with you and Bee?"

Ladybug's stomach lurched. Did he know?

"What do you mean?"

Chat shrugged. "I don't know, you guys have just seemed... weird around each other the past couple of patrols. Did something happen?"

Ladybug bit her lip, not meeting his eye. "It- it's nothing, Chat."

"But if something's going on that might affect your ability to work together, shouldn't I-"

"Chat," Ladybug interrupted angrily. "I said it's nothing. And I won't affect our ability to work together because it's nothing."

Chat huffed. "Well, it must be something, because you never snap at me like that unless something's going on."

Ladybug took a deep breath. "It's... personal. Okay? Just leave it."

And with that, she threw her yo-yo and leaped away.

***

"I can't believe we kissed," Marinette groaned into her pillow.