Chapter 26 - Valentine's Bash

The rest of January had gone by so quick. McGonagall had all 2nd years to attend a taster sessions of all the potential classes we could take as 3rd years. Fred, George and Lee seemed to think Divination and Care of Magical Creatures were the easiest out of the options – So naturally they choose them for next year.

I loved Care of Magical Creatures, and I also found an odd interest in Ancient Runes and Arithmancy – Which seemed to please Percy an awful lot – I must admit I began regretting my choices, after he explained how intriguing and difficult they could both be. I think it's a bit late to change my mind now though - It's not like I could just drop a subject next year.

When I told Oliver my choices, he didn't seem thrilled either. He just seemed very grumpy and asked "How are you going to fit in extra Quidditch lessons around those subjects?"

"Simple. I'm not. I'm perfectly happy with attending the usual 3 practice sessions a week, like everyone else, Thank you very much" I replied not looking at him. He just walked off not saying anything. His Captain Mode has been coming out a lot lately – and he doesn't seem to be coming out of very much these days either.

As February came around I noticed how lovely the sun seemed to shine upon the castle. I found myself wishing for the evening's to come already, so I could go for another animal run. Ever since the twins and I got the Potio Nimbus, and I changed into an Owl, I had already begun flying and even started practicing other animals.

Apparently Price had gotten ill over Christmas, so I haven't managed to catch up with her. So I just continued on practicing lots of different animals. I had already mastered a fox, rabbit and a horse, on top of my Wolf, Cat and Owl. Every animal I turn into I am a brilliantly blazing white.

George says he notices me from a mile away, no matter what animal I am, he always seems to know it's me – I really don't know how he always knows! I have to do something really odd for Fred to notice me. But George? No! He just takes one look at me and he smiles, knowing it's me.

As Valentine's Day dawned upon us I decided to have 'Lady and the Tramp' for a film night.

"It's one of my favourites" I say looking at the twins over the crowd, who are looking confused at the title. "My Dad gave it to me when I was little, and I think you'll like it" I finish sitting in between the twins on the sofa.

The crowd of people all turn back to watch the film, just as George wraps on of his arms around me, letting me lean up against him, and Fred picks up my feet and plopping them down onto his lap – Well at least they know where they stand – A cushion and a footstool that belong to me – I love them.

I just wish Oliver could have been here. He was busy apparently, working on Quidditch stuff again, even though he has already convinced himself that we have lost the season, he is still going nuts over different plays to see if we can try and win the next match – I just wish he put that much effort in with me sometimes - like the Twins do.

                                                                                             *

Tonight is the Valentine's Bash. I gave one final twirl for Alicia and Angelina, gaining their approval on my rose red coloured dress and rose budded earrings, that managed to somehow match my black heels.

I drape my cloak over my arm, as it's way too hot with all the fires to wear it right now. I make my way out of the dorm, and down the stairs to the common room.

"SABRINA!?" someone yells from a corner.

"Evening Lee" I say giving him a light wave, but not stopping.