0.4 ⧐

I sat cross-legged on the ground. My hands were fidgeting with the worn-out hem of my thick coat and I looked anywhere, but at the two men conversing.

Tormund had taken me straight to this tent.My attempts to ask him about where we were going, went unanswered and I couldn't help the annoyed huff, that left my blue lips.

Thus I found myself on the floor of yet another tent, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"And you thought it was a good idea to take her here?"

The man was not as tall as Tormund. Not as loud as him but he held authority over the Giant in a way, I've never witnessed before.He didn't even sound angry, curious perhaps.

Tormund's words were trickier to make out. He didn't speak as clearly, grumbling some things under his breath but I did understand bits and pieces.

"...stealing...knife.."I knew that they were talking about me.

 It would have been foolish of me to think that I could stay, just because one wildling had found some amusement in keeping me.And I would have found the idea of me, being treated like some cow, sickening, if I hadn't felt that way before.This position, I was in, was certainly different from the one I had once been a witness to, but I couldn't help and compare it to when my father and I had been invited to a banquet.

-------------------

Ruma's grey eyes were widened in awe. Her pudgy little hands reaching for the juicy grapes.

She plopped one into her mouth and marvelled at the taste.

They were sweet, really sweet and that was enough to fill the 10-year-old with excitement. Ruma continued to feast on the expensive treat until her lips had been stained a purplish-blue.

When she saw this in the reflection of her glass, she started to giggle, making faces and laughing when she saw how silly she looked.

This was great fun, considering how boring she usually found these gatherings.

But papa had said that this one would be exciting and Ruma was positive that the purple fruit was the reason for that.Except, her laughter was short-lived.

When her father had asked her to join him, the host and his son, she stuffed her little bag with grapes and flattened out her lilac dress and joined them, entirely unaware of what her father had planned.

She bobbed a curtsy to the grownups and waved to the boy, curiously.He had warm, golden skin and dark brown hair.But he didn't wave back, just grimaced down at her.

"I don't want to marry that girl."

His father hushed him and Ruma's eyes began to water as she listened to her father negotiating for her to leave home as soon as she was old enough.

She had been a child but in that moment, she felt like an object for sale.

--------------------------

This chapter is shitty and I hope that I'll remember to edit it soon haha

still super busy though...

warm hearts // Tormund GiantsbaneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara