Chapter-1

He stood with the priest waiting for his pawn, his bride. He looked at Zachary who claimed to be his biological father in irritation as his arranged bride was nowhere to be seen and it was almost half an hour from the scheduled timing. With every second ticking he was fuming in rage but he held it in as this was only to begin what he had in his mind. Never did he think he would be stood up on this very day to top it all a forced blackmailed marriage. He did not invite his family as he knew there was no way they would agree with him on this marriage without making guesses which would be right and make them disappointed. Zillions of thoughts were going in his mind but there was this loud voice in there too saying it was all for the sake of his loved ones and there was no way he would not make a move on it to ensure their safety.
He saw a young man bring out a wooden chair for the priest to sit on and rest his aged feet he felt guilt for making him go through trouble just for the sake of this scam of a marriage but the anger in him was bigger. Oh how he would have got an earful if his mom heard what he just spilled in his mind. She always taught them to never reason with others condition if it was not in a positive way.
They’re not yet married and his soon to be wife already was running almost an hour behind schedule God knows doing what. A smile widened on his face when he saw the face of so called biological father and his soon to be father in law. They were in dilemma as it was the most important thing for them this marriage being their only escape route from this living hell but were they so wrong if they believed in what they wanted to.
Another half an hour later entered his bride in such an vintage looking dress, maybe it was what was in trend this days he was never the one who gave much interest into appearance but more into what the person was like but here none of it were the case. She had a long thick veil covering all of her face and for some reason he did felt odd as he was going to marry a woman whom he never knew let alone imagine of. There was something in the way she took her steps it was not so lady like and as if she was in a hurry to be somewhere more important than her own wedding yet he kept his thoughts to himself.
The priest finally let out a relieved sigh and a smile stretched his lips. Not long and they exchanged their vows and rings. As they were pronounced and wife and asked to kiss to complete this ceremony he heard a faint buzzing sound and with that his wife took her hand away from his and reached out and kissed his lips with her veil in between. She turned and looked at the priest thanked him in a hurry and took off in a flight dashing through the countable audience removing her veil on her way out never giving him the view of her however face. The last thing he noticed was the grey clogs she wore under her wedding dress, was that a new trend?
And that was it, he was married and that too with a wife whose name and her unique taste in fashion were the only things he knew of her and for the name all thanks to the priest he did not forget to mention their names when they were exchanging their vows. He agreed, more like was forced to marry his bride who’s name was also kept confidential until their wedding. But it was all for the better was it not? He thought to himself as the elders came and congratulated him on his marriage as if he had married himself