seven.

"𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨, 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨"

Jon Snow sat at his desk, tapping his quill into the ink. He was currently writing a note to Lady Lyanna Mormont, the current ruler of Bear Island. She had managed to contribute 62 men to Jon's fighting cause. It was a big blow when she told him she only had 62 men, but at this moment, Jon was willing to take every man and woman who'd rally by his side.

Ser Davos was stood in front of the bookcase in Jon's study. He ran his fingers over the spines of the books, every one of them reminding him of Shireen.

The room was quiet, with both men's minds resting elsewhere. Jon was trying to focus, but his mind kept tracking back to the events of the last couple weeks. He had been murdered by his men, resurrected by the red woman, and killed the men that stabbed daggers into his heart. It truly baffled the man. Davos was still seething with anger of the death of the girl he treated as a daughter. He believed the red woman would pay for her crimes.

The day had only just begun, with men in the nightswatch only just rising from their beds. It was getting colder and colder every day at the wall, with the winds rising and the snow becoming heavier. Jon's new cloak protected his neck from the chill, with the wolfs fur surrounding his broad shoulders.

"Davos, can you send this off to the ravens for me?" He quizzed without looking up from his paper as he tied it together with a small ribbon.

"Of course." Replied the man, removing it from his hands and walking towards the door.

Jon stared at the back of his head. He would forever be thankful for Davos, as he stuck by his side even when he couldn't breath anymore. His support would never go unnoticed. He released a sigh as he saw Davos pull the door shut and put his head in his hands. He removed his hair from the small bun at the back of his head and rubbed his fingers against his scalp, trying to release the tension. He didn't feel prepared for the battle to come, but he couldn't let his people down.

Sansa roamed the courtyard, clearing her head. She had been in the safety of Castle Blacks walls for a number of weeks now. The pain was still lingering in her body, as some of the deep bruises were just beginning to subside, and her limp was getting better by the day. Brienne walked by her side, not saying a word, but just being there for comfort.

Sansa was removed from her thoughts when she heard a commotion coming from the gates. Men huddled towards the wall above the gates to see and incoming rider. Some men gasped whilst others ran down to the gate.

"Someone help her!"

"Get Jon now!"

"By the gods, is she dead?"

The statements made Sansa move quickly towards the gate as it started to open. It took an agonisingly long time to open, as she waited for the rider to appear. Once she saw the necklace that dangled from the neck of the woman, she recognised it as Ashara.

A blood curdling screams was released from her chapped lips as she fell to her knees, Brienne running over to the horse.

Ashara's almost lifeless body was surrounded by a number of men when Jon Snow appeared from his study, wondering what all the commotion was about. He saw his little sister, knees deep in the snow, tears pouring from her eyes. He instantly knew something was wrong. Jon hadn't felt himself move so quickly in such a long time as he ran to Sansa's side.