You got in

At the table, the atmosphere was uncomfortably quiet. For the two resident teens at least their parents, on the other hand, were chatting among themselves, Izumi picked at her half-empty plate before she heard a buzzing in her pocket.

Confused, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and saw she received a text message from Katsuki sitting next to her, she looked at him confused and he seemed to ignore her as he ate his own food.

She opened her phone and read the message.

Kacchan 🤬💥:
If you have any idea what the fucks going on spit it out nerd or else I'm beating your ass

Izumi gulped and looked at him again, and this time he was glaring at her as murderous energy radiated off of him. She gulped before sending a quick text back.

Fucking Deku🥦🐰:
I have no idea what's going on, I swear

Katsuki looked over and saw that she was a nervous, and shaking mess before rolling his eyes and shoving his phone in his pocket just as he'd done that Mitsuki stood up and clapped her hands.

"Okay confession time, This dinner was not without motive." Mitsuki said faking guilt and sighing, Katsuki scoffed which made his mother glare at him.

"Should have known you had something brewing in that cauldron of schemes, you only break out the good place settings when we've got guests and there's something up your sleeve. We're two for two hag spill it" Katsuki said boredly as he glared at her. Mitsuki smiled and threw a bowl of breadsticks at her son causing Izumi to jump away from the line of fire.

"Shut the hell up you moron and let me speak" Mitsuki looked at her husband who lifted up his placemat and handed the teens two wax-sealed envelopes with Izumi and Katsuki's name on them, though Katsuki's envelope seemed like it already had been opened.

"These are..." Katsuki trailed off.

"Our letters from U.A" Izumi finished.

"They came in the mail today, Inko and I knew how much you wanted to get into U.A, and saw how important it was for you both so when they came in the mail we decided to have dinner for you both to open them at" Mitsuki said genuinely.

"You both worked so hard and whether you make it in or not we just wanted to let you know that we're proud of you" Inko began tearing up and Mitsuki patted her back.

"Why's mine already open?" Katsuki asked irritated. Mitsuki smiled widely and pointed to herself with her thumb. "Easy answer, I opened it"

Katsuki jumped up from his seat angrily."WHAT THE HELL WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? DONT GO AROUND OPENING MY MAIL YA HAG YA GOT THAT"

"IF ITS IN MY MAILBOX THEN ITS MY MAIL IF YOU WANNA OPEN YOUR MAIL YOU CAN DO THAT WHEN YOU'RE A FULLY GROWN ADULT WITH YOUR OWN MAILBOX"

The two of them went back and forth until they both got tired and decided to sit down. "Look we threw this together last minute for the both of ya just open the letters and stop your wining," Mitsuki said pouring herself some wine.

Katsuki scoffed and looked at Izumi. "Let's just get this over with"

Izumi flinched at his voice but nodded. "On three?" It came out as a question instead of what she'd actually intended but he nodded anyway.

Izumi broke the seal hers and went to pull out her letter but noticed two more Let's inside her envelope she pulled out one much to everyone's confusion but put her letter from U.A first she looked at Katsuki and he looked away.

The two of them read their letters and Katsuki shrugged. "I got in like that's a surprise"

Mitsuki rolled her eyes. "It was for me, still is" She snickered earning a glare from her son. Inko looked at her daughter who read her letter with shaky hands and a smile as tears streamed down her face as she looked at her mom.

"I got, Not only that but according to this letter the school gave me an academic scholarship for the entire three years at the school, Mom you don't have to pay a cent"

Shock fixated itself on Inko's face as she kept re-reading the scholarship letter over and over again. "So long as you remain in the top 10 of your class in your academic studies at U.A. All fees from the academic, and idol course will be paid along with your room and board for your second and third year" Inko has her own tears and the Bakugou's looked stunned. Mitsuki stood up and hugged her friend while Izumi buried her head in her hands.

Izumi P.O.V
That night even though there were tears it didn't ruin the moment, in fact, it made it more special than it already was.

Not only did both me and Kacchan get accepted into U.A, I got an academic scholarship that paid for my entire three years at U.A meaning my mom didn't have to pay a dime worth of fees; I wouldn't slack off though just because I had that scholarship it wasn't a pass to goof off it meant I had to work so much harder than those around me as an idol in training, and in academics.