seize

Cover by gigglehoechy

-----

I've slept at Derek's place for the past few days, skipping school, crying really. I didn't want to talk to my sisters. I didn't want a constant reminder that my mom and possibly my own brother were trying to kill me or use me to their own advantage. They had tried to get me to stay with them after I had told them I was going with the Alpha pack, but I needed to save my friends. There was already too much death and it made my head spin.

Scott had come over a few hours ago, begging and pleading for me to stay. I didn't answer him and the outcome wasn't pretty. Scott cried before me, holding my hands and begging me to stay. I simply told him "No- I've got my reasons and I have to."

"Where is she?" I heard a voice boom, running into the apartment.

"She's in here somewhere," Peter responded.

I knew it was Stiles.

"Kayla!" he screamed throughout the apartment. "Kayla! Where the hell are you?"

I was upstairs in Derek's loft.

"Kayla!" he screamed again.

He didn't look upstairs.

"Look," Cora pulled Stiles aside, "she's not talking. To anyone. She only spoke to Scott yesterday for like three seconds and he came out crying."

"Is she eating?" Stiles asked calmly.

"Barely but some. She had half a grilled cheese sandwich this afternoon," Cora explained.

"Look just let me see her. No ones told me where she has been and it's driving me crazy!" Stiles had a twinge of anxiety in his voice.

"There's a reason why you're not told where she is," Peter simply said.

"Where is she? She has to be here!" Stiles yelled.

"She's here, okay! She's just not-" Cora paused, seeing me come down the stairs.

"I'm not what?" I hissed.

"Yourself," Cora looked away.

I had to be mean to push them away from me.

"Kayla!" Stiles threw himself in my arms.

I looked away, dismissing him.

It hurt so much to do this to him.

"Get off me, Stiles! You being here does nothing for me!" I screamed at him, my eyes turning purple. "Get off me."

He had this look of hurt I had never seen on anyone. Stiles walked away from me, tears streaming down his face.

"I'm going with them, Stiles. I'm leaving tonight," I tried to stay strong.

"No!" Stiles was sobbing. "Why? Why Kayla? Why are you going?"

"Because," I paused, "because I've decided it's time. It's time to leave."

I ran towards the front door, yelling and screaming as I approached the stairs. No one followed me, so I ran as fast as I could, trying to conjure up a shift of some sort. I thought about my body morphing, tapping into my anger and pain towards a better future. I found myself on all fours, running into the night of the forest that encompassed Derek's loft. I kept running, my heart racing as the pumping of adrenaline coursed through my veins. I followed the scent of my very hated mother, reaching the center of the forest.

"Well well well," I heard my brother's voice come about. "Look who joined us."

"Kayla! My baby!" I heard my mother shout as she ran toward me. "You've made the right decision."

She was psychotic. Her attitude changed on a dime.

"Even after everything," one of the twins came towards me, "you've still managed to end up where you belong."

"Since you haven't turned out as we hoped you would," Deucalion grinned, "we're just going to have to use your loyalty to us."

I stood up tall, my back straight. Deciding to play along, I stood up on my hind legs, howling into the air. They all clapped, cheering as I did.

"Kali!" Deucalion yelled. "Get Kayla some of Natalie's clothes. She's going to need them."

Kali rummaged in a bag next to her, shoving a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt my way. I hid behind a tree, transforming back into myself and putting on the clothes.

"I just have to call your sisters!" my mother cheered.

"No," I growled. "They're on the opposing side now."

I wanted to keep as many people out of this as possible.

My mother had a sign of hurt dotted across her face, but I dismissed it and walked over to Deucalion.

"You won't have to kill, Kayla. Not yet. You need to go through training," Deucalion nodded his head at me, dismissing me.

The twins came up to me, each putting a hand on my shoulder.

"It's good to have our little sister back," the grinned.

-----

Sorry it seemed really short. I wanted it to end there! I promise an update will come next weekend (at least) since I've got a lot of things to do. Maybe I'll get one in tomorrow- I'm off from all my heavy things tomorrow. Promise I'll have this story done by the holidays. Most likely Thanksgiving. I'll see you all soon!!

-Katie