Imagine: Thranduil, your father, not approving of the man you love (Part 2)

This is part 2 of @dalyla2552 's request

"My king, she is fading"

I took in a staggered breath, blindly groping at the wall until I was steady

Y/N has not left her room since our falling out. She remains a frail, emotionless encasement of her previous self, buried deep in her comforter. She refuses to eat and under no circumstance does she wish to see me.

"Please, what can I do? I wrote to Legolas of his sister's condition, and he is insisting on leaving the fellowship!" I bemoaned, looking intently at Nueleth, the healer

"Legolas is a stubborn ellon," she chuckled. "Just like you. I certainly miss having him here, roaming the halls as he brandished his bow. And I miss the days Y/N would fill these halls with joy and luminescence. Do you remember the days little Y/N would visit each of the guards and servers, gifting them flowers or sweets or little trinkets she would make? She was the heart of the Woodland Realm—"

I wiped my eyes as Nueleth reminisced of my beloved children's youth

"she has the kindest of hearts, Thranduil. She looks more like her mother each day and anyone would be a fool to question where she inherited her enormous heart from. But now, mellon, she is on the verge of parting with these lands. You must resume your duties as a father, an attentive and loving one this time, and heal your daughter. You must atone for her pain. She was so close to her mother and her passing absolutely shattered the poor thing. Now, I know you won't like what I have to say, but given the years I have served the generations of your family before you were even born, and considering that I delivered both of your children, I have a right to say this; when her naneth sailed, she needed you gravely, and you were not there, mellon. I-I have..."

She abruptly stared to weep.

"I have seen the little one come to you for comfort several times, and more than once, she found a slumbering Legolas, tucked safely in his father's arms and perhaps an open book was on your lap. I would watch the poor dove retreat back to her bedroom, feeling unwanted, barely lifting her feet from the ground."

"Oh-" I wailed in sheer disgust with myself as I slid down to the floor.

"She came to me once. She was crying so violently, I didn't know how her little body could take it. 'Why did ada hug Legolas but not me after nana died?' she asked me. I turned away from her, so she wouldn't see me weep bitterly and I remember I was so angry with you, mellon. I considered leaving the Woodland Realm, but I couldn't. The little one needed me. Those were not delusions she shouted at you, she spoke the truth. And you must atone for it, before the Undying Lands claim her."

Nueleth left me in the hall to brood over her urgent plea and my body was wracked with sobs.

"I am a wicked father," I wailed, making sure to instill the tenet into my brain

I pictured my darling Y/N walking away from a slumbering Legolas and I, who just wanted comfort, and my heart was absolutely decimated.

What kind of monster does one have to be to commit such atrocities?

~°~

Y/N's pov:

I was slowly lulled awake, my ears filled with the sound of a child's laughter.

I sauntered to the edge of my bed and rushed to my window, where I saw the most beautiful little cherub below, adorned with a crown of flowers and a flowing cream gown. The little one suddenly ran off, disappearing behind the trees. Without hesitation, I wrapped my crimson cloak around my shoulders and ran to the gates. I don't know what it was about the little angel, but my heart beckoned me to go to her.