Douglas Booth

Requested: No

Warnings: Cuteness!

Word Count:

~~~~~

''So I'll see you tomorrow afternoon?'' Your best friend whispered to Douglas. He followed her out through the door, whispering and laughing with each other on the front porch, looking back if you were nowhere in sight.
But you heard it alright. For the past month they've been at it like this. At first you didn't think anything of it at all. You were glad your boyfriend and best friend were getting along. You've always wanted that.
But you noticed sneaky phone calls, while you were in the shower, and text messages when he thought you weren't watching.

When you asked your best friend casually what she thought about Douglas, she would smile big and say he's a great catch. You smiled at her, but inside you felt like you were breaking.

At night, whenever you felt Douglas lie next to you, whenever he held you, you tried to shrug off the thought of him doing the same with your best friend. He never knew you cried yourself to sleep.

Douglas sat across from you at the dinner table.
You looked at him, silently eating the dinner you prepared. Douglas sat there with a smug smile. You put down your fork and knife, casually taking a sip from your milk before looking at him.

''Douglas, do you wanna hang out tomorrow?'' You asked sweetly, putting on your best fake smile. He looked up and stopped chewing.
''What time?'' He asked. As if you didn't know he was going to ask that.
''Oh I don't know.. around noon?'' You smiled. Douglas pierced your eyes, chewing and swallowing the rest of his food. He smiled and looked down at his plate.
''Sure babe.'' He said.

This had you confused. You just overheard your best friend say she'll meet him tomorrow. Afternoon. Did you hear her wrong? Silently you ate your food, leaving a little bit afterwards because of all the worrying, you lost your appetite.

''Baby, come on. We're going to be late.'' Douglas yelled, standing in front of the door, ready to get out.
''Yeah yeah..'' You yelled. Douglas told you he would hang out with you today, under one condition.. he would pick. You agreed.
Douglas told you to wear something nice, in other words dressed up. Without questioning it, too much in thought about the possibility of your best friend and your boyfriend having a little something going on, you did as he told. You came walking down in this

with your hair lightly curled down to your shoulders

Douglas grinned, looking at you from head to toe. You smiled at him, loving that look, already knowing what he was going to say.

''Breathtaking.'' He mumbled, pulling you in for a kiss. The kiss felt so true, you couldn't help but smile.

You let Douglas drive, with him giving you all the attention that you thought you missed the last couple of weeks. You were starting to think why you overreacted so much, but in the back of your mind you still heard a tiny voice, warning you.
He stopped in front of a party building, and you looked at him confused.

''Just gotta pick something up here, wanna join?'' He asked.
''Sure...'' You said, getting out of the car. He took your hand and squeezed it, smiling at you. You smiled back, but still confused about his weird behavior.
He led you through the big wooden door, when suddenly the lights went on, with a lot of people yelling 'surprise!'
Your eyes widened, as you look up at Douglas.

''But.. what?'' You smiled.
''It's our 4 year anniversary. It totally slipped your mind didn't it?'' He said, hugging you. You blushed and nodded.
''I'm so sorry.. I-.. I thought you didn't love me anymore..'' You said, biting your lip. He let go of you, looking shocked.
''What made you think that?''
''You and my best friend were so close lately.. I thought you were going to leave me for her.'' You whispered. But your best friend caught it.
''Girl, I would NEVER do that to you.'' She hugged you.
''We were planning this the whole time.''
''I feel like an idiot right now.'' You smiled shyly. Douglas just laughed, hugged you and kissed the top of your head.
''I love you more everyday.'' He whispered in your ear, before leading you to greet the people that were congratulating you on a four year relationship.