~Chapter 1~

Oakland University of Michigan. The dance school I wanted. The dance school I felt I needed. Right in front of my eyes. It wasn't everyone's dream college though. My brother didn't get accepted to his favorite in Pennsylvania but he thought Michigan will do. But this is it.

My first year of college at my dream school. Well... I would prefer Juilliard but that wouldn't happen. But, this is the college I really wanted. I felt like I needed to get away from the mountains of Kentucky. Now I'm in Michigan.

     "Bren? Brenna?" My brother Toby hits my back quickly. I flinch lightly and shrug it off.

     "Yeah?" I turn to him.

     "Are you nervous? You're staring off into space." He chuckles quietly.

     "Well..." I start to talk but he interrupts me.

     "Is it your roommate? I'll teach 'em not to mess with you," he cracks his knuckles and gives a sly grin.

     "No! It's just... This'll be my first time away from home for a while... What if I do bad in school?"

     "Relax. I've been through just what you're going through right now. If you need help, come to my dorm. Speaking of which, don't you have that 4 room dorm thing?" He turns and asks me. Oh yeah. The college is doing some weird thing where they pair up four people. 2 boys, 2 girls.

     I nod in return to him and he looks to me, holds my shoulders and leans in. "If any guy gets pervy with you, tell me. Number 1, I'm an RA. I have my own room and get to boss them around. Number 2, I took kick boxing lessons." He gives me another sly grin and pats my back.

     "Get to your dorm. Now, I have some freshies to boss around," he takes off and starts to tell some freshman boys what to do.

     Once I reach my dorm I see my girl roommate. She has Carmel brown hair in two braids and dark green eyes. She has small cute freckles and is wearing spandex and a tank top. It made me a little self-conscious since I was in sweats and my brother's baggy tee-shirt.

     "Hi! Sorry we couldn't meet before today. I had my cheer camp. I'm Paula, but everyone calls me Polly!" She reaches out my hand for me to shake and I do so.

     "Oh it's fine. I'm Brenna. Are you... Sorry, but you look older than a freshman." I tell her. She does a small giggle and says, "I'm a Sophomore, so that's why I don't look like a freshman. What sport activity are you in?" She asks me.

     "How'd you know I'm in an activity?" I ask her, getting a little suspicious.

     "Because our dorms are bigger. They don't give bigger dorms to people who aren't in a sport." She explains to me.

     "Oh. I'm majoring in dance, actually." I say, a little embarrassed I thought she was suspicious. I pull my hair into a bun and put my beanie over it to keep my hair out of my eyes, but some in the back fell down. Someone could mistake me for my brother like this.

     "Hey! It's the ginger, Ayton! I didn't think you'd room with us since there are already two guys! Well, you are girly enough. Simple mistake they could've made," a deep voice says. I whip my head around and raise an eyebrow at the guy.

"What do you mean? I'm Brenna, not Toby." I glare. Toby told me about him. They have a HUGE rivalry. Toby just barely beat Andrew in the RA 'battle.'

"Oh, so the the loser has a sister?" He says mockingly.

"Andrew, why don't you just get out. This is the girls side. Go to your half." We had a *very* thin wall separating our sides. Andrew laughs at me and shakes his head.