한 (one)

True to his word stood at Jaehyun's door at exactly 7:50 am wondering should he knock now or later. In the end he decided to knock anyways. A woman slightly shorter than him opened the door and Mark's nerves hit him full speed.

"I-I'm Jaehyun looking for Mark, Crap! I'm Mark and I'm here for Jaehyun." He said blushing and looking down in an apology. The woman however just giggled at him. "I've never met you. You must be a new friend." The woman says.

Mark nods. "I'm supposed to be taking Jaehyun out on a date and I told him I would be here at 8 but I guess I came a little early and I." Mark cut himself off when he realized he began to ramble.

"I was wondering what he was dressing so pretty for but he wouldn't tell me." The woman pouted. Mark found her cute so he had no choice but to smile. "I'm his mom but you don't have to be formal or anything just call me noona it makes me feel young." The lady says and Mark smiles.

"So when are you bringing him back?" She asks and Mark bites his lips. "Sometime tonight I'm not positive. We have dinner reservations at eight but there's somewhere else I wanna bring him after that." Mark says blushing.

"Hm and how much are you spending on this?" She asks teasingly. "About five hundred dollars?" Mark says questionably. The woman gasps. "You can't be serious." She says and Mark notices how red her face gets.

"I am noona. I've asked him out twenty seven times in total and he finally said yes yesterday I want him to feel as if I'm worth his time." Mark says blushing badly now. "You really like him don't you?" She asks and Mark nods.

"I've liked him since I first arrived here four years ago. I took multiple sign language classes and left notes in his locker and it all seems really corny but I really want him to be mine." Mark says. The woman starts to say something but doesn't as Jaehyun clears his throat.

He signs something to her quickly. "That's enough mom." Is what it is. She signs back a question to which he shakes his head. "Are you wearing your hearing aid?" Jaehyun reaches into his pocket however and shows it to her.

"It was hurting so I took it out." He signs and she nods before smiling at Mark. "I hope the date goes well." She says while signing at the same time. Jaehyun's eyes go wide as he looks at Mark.

"You told her this was a date?" He signs so fast Mark almost doesn't understand it. "It is isn't it?" Mark asks. Jaehyun shakes his head. "I'm not into relationships we can just hang out though." Jaehyun signs and Mark doesn't understand every word but he understands enough to get the gist of it.

His face falls but he nods and leads the older boy to his car. He gets in the driver's seat and drives to one of his favorite cafes. When they arrive he watches as Jaehyun puts in his hearing aid. "Hey I'm sorry about what I said it's just my mom doesn't know about my sexuality and I freaked out. This is a date and I know that." Jaehyun says grabbing Mark's hand.

Mark smiles but it's a bit forced and Jaehyun notices. "What is this place?" He asks. Mark perks up. "I hope you like puppies." He says to which Jaehyun nods. "Okay this is a puppy cafe, I didn't even know that they existed until a year ago I stumbled upon this place." Mark says excitedly.

He turns his car off and squeezes Jaehyun's hand once before getting out the car as Jaehyun follows suit. He locks the doors and leads Jaehyun inside. It's quiet since it's only eight am and most people are still in bed.

Mark and Jaehyun sit in a booth at the back that's the closest to where a group of puppies are. Mark picks one up and places it on his lap. Jaehyun does the same and they just play with them in silence until the waitress appears.

"I'll have pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon." Mark says smiling at the lady as she writes. "And for you drink?" She asks. To which Mark responds with a simple "Thai milk boba tea." She nods and then turns her gaze to Jaehyun.

"I'll have waffles with a sunny side up egg and sausage." Jaehyun says and the lady blushes when she meets his gaze and no Mark definitely doesn't deserve to be jealous when Jaehyun smiles at her after. "With a matcha boba tea." He says.

The lady blushes once again and Mark finds his eyes rolling on their own. "I'll be back with your drinks." She says and Mark nods at her. Mark then turns to Jaehyun and he's suddenly speechless. He didn't take a good look at Jaehyun until now and his breath is stolen.

Jaehyun is dressed simple, a white T-shirt with some ripped blue jeans, and some brown timberland boots but the way he runs his fingers through his fading pink hair makes him look ethereal all together.

Mark can't help but think how lucky he is to even be allowed to be in Jaehyun's presence. The lady sits their drinks in front of them and then hurried back into the kitchen and Mark takes a sip of his. "Funny how I'm wearing a hearing aid to hear you yet you haven't said a word." Jaehyun says with a teasing smile on his face.

Mark flushes.

"I'm nervous." He admits. "I've been crushing on you for so long none of this actually feels real to me." Mark admits. "Well it is so tell me what it is that you like to do." Jaehyun smiles. Mark grins suddenly.

"I really like to write songs and rap and I love to dance as well although I'm not very good at it." Mark says. "I want to hear you rap." He says. Mark blinks. "Right now." He asks and Jaehyun nods whilst rubbing the puppy who had become comfortable in his lap.

"sonkkeute sotong igeon fake ttaeryeochyeo
daeshin fly to you dive to you jikjeob
I can make it make it work for you
I became the boss for you
bujileopneun post no need
naega natanaejulge nan ara neoye feel now
Fear none
We eye to eye"

Mark blushes but nods at Jaehyun. "It's a full song that I wrote but that's the verse that's my favorite there's another rap but it doesn't really fit me I want someone else to rap it." Mark says.

The waitress placed their food in front of them and then they begin to eat in silence. When they're both done Mark smiles and gives the waitress his credit card. "Now are you ready for the date to start for real?" He asks.

Jaehyun just smiles at him since he isn't being so shy anymore and nods. Mark gets his credit card back and grabs Jaehyun's hand leading him to the car and opening the door for him.

And as Mark pulls off and turns the radio up just to sing along to Yes or Yes by Twice Jaehyun realizes that this date wasn't a mistake at all.