o n e

*unedited*

requiem on water by: imperial mammoth

e f f i e

   a gasp falls from my lips as i drop the piece of plastic that contains the answer to a question i've been asking myself for two weeks.

   my grin widens as i pick up the piece of plastic from the bathroom floor tiles. words can't even explain how happy i am.

   rushing out of the bathroom, i try and find my phone. when i do, i quickly dial harry's number.

   "effie? what is it?" harry asks, his voice groggy.

   "uh just uh," i stammer. "when are you coming home?"

   "the usual time, babe, 4 o'clock. should i come home early?"

   "n-no, i'll see you in three hours." i say, before repeating that i love him a couple of times, and hanging up.

   i gather the piece of plastic in my hands, and rush around to put it in a zip lock bag; already having an idea to tell him the news. i hope harry's excited.

● ● ●

   gathering the rose petals i just purchased, i spread them across the wooden-gold bedroom floor.

   "effie?" i hear harry say as he opens the door, and comes into the living room.

  "in here, harry!" i yell, a smile somehow finding its way onto my face and plastering it there.

  "what have you be do-" harry's voice trails off as he enters the room. "what's the petals for, ef?"

  "i got some really good news this morning.."

  "well what is it?" he exclaims, a smile on his face.

                   *play the song here*

  "i-i," i stutter, but quickly recover my sentence. "i'm pregnant, harry."

  not expecting what comes next, harry runs over to me, and twirls me around, a smile on his face.

  "that's great, baby!" he yells happily. "you're carrying a little us!"

  "i know!" i laugh, the thought still not sinking in.

  "oh my god." harry gasps. "we're going to be parents in nine months!"

  "you better keep extra cash on you." i wink at him.

  "why?"

  "cravings." i smirk.

-----------------------------
I will never get tired of writing about Heffie omf.

How's the first chapter? :)

Are you guys excited??