A Whole New World

Armin lets out a sigh as he shuts the doors behind him. His mind is racing and he can't stop it. There's just something about the new princess that seems so familiar. He just doesn't know what it is. There's a knock at the door and he opens it to see Marco standing there with a smile. "Your Highness, are you alright? You ran away rather quickly."

I'm alright, Marco," he breathes, but he isn't quite sure of himself.

"The princess is an interesting woman, isn't she?" he asks, making light conversation.

"Indeed," he replies, stepping out onto his balcony. He gazes out over the ocean and at the lights of Agrabah before his eyes fall on a tall tower and it suddenly hits him. Eren . . .

"Say, Marco," he speaks and his butler hums in response. "Does the princess seem . . . familiar to you?"   

"I'm . . . not sure I know what you mean, Your Highness."

Her name was Erin. How had he not realized it before? Though it wasn't likely for Eren to actually be a princess — he was a man after all — the similarities between the two were uncanny. They even looked similar.

"Armin?"

He turns his attention to his butler and smiles, shaking his head softly. "Ah, it's nothing. Nevermind, Marco."

He looks at him a moment longer before smiling at the ground. "Well, I must say that I too have had a most interesting night."

Armin smiles and gives Marco a look, but the brunet avoids his eyes. "Did you meet someone?"

He doesn't reply, widening his grin, and Armin takes a step towards him. "Who is it?" he asks excitedly and Marco looks at him with lovestruck eyes.

"It's the princess's servant. His name is Jean," he admits and Armin grins, happy for his friend.

"Marco, that's wonderful."

"Oh, he is," he sighs and Armin giggles. The moment is interrupted by a knock at the door and they look at each other. "I wonder who that could be?" Armin asks rhetorically, hoping it's Jean.

"It's probably the princess. She probably wants to spend time with you," Marco says as he walks to the doors and pulls them open. Standing in the hallway is Jean and Armin has to hide his grin. "Um . . . I . . . I have flowers," he says awkwardly and holds out a lovely bouquet to Marco.

"Oh are they from the princess? Your Highness, the princess sent you some —"

"Actually . . . they're for you. From me."

Armin bites his lip as Marco stands there silently before he mumbles, "Would you give me a moment, please?"

"Of course,"

Marco shuts the doors and turns to Armin with a wide grin. He squeals giddily and Armin gives him a thumbs up. He composes himself and clears his throat before opening the doors again. "Thank you. I accept," he tells him, taking the bouquet.

"I was actually . . . wondering if . . . you wanted to go for a s-stroll. With me."   

"Right now."

"Yes."

"A stroll. Just the two of us."

"Yes."

"Another moment, please."

He shuts the doors before Jean can respond and jumps around happily before looking to Armin with wide eyes. "What do I say?"

"Say yes!" he cries happily and Marco nods enthusiastically. He opens the doors again. "Yes."