Chapter One

**This is an older work of mine and does NOT reflect how my writing style is now. It's still here, however, because original readers enjoyed it when it was first written. You've been warned!**

I looked in the mirror for what seemed like the seventh time that morning. I wasn't sure what exactly I was expecting. I knew for a fact that I couldn't see myself in the mirror; I didn't have a reflection. Never had and never will. Still, I stood there, staring at the glass, still completely unsure what I actually looked like. I was almost 1600 and I had never once seen myself.

"Dracualura! Your friend is waiting for you outside!" I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom and into my bedroom, picked up my school bag, kissed Count Fabulous good bye and walked down the stairs. My father stood by the door, staring at me. I raised an eyebrow out of confusion, having no idea what he actually wanted.

"Still friends with the wolf?" He questioned, looking out the window and back at me. I rolled my eyes slightly, running a hand through my hair.

"I don't get the big deal, Daddy. Big whoop, she's a werewolf. We aren't all prejudice against everyone. Think what you must, but I'm not ditching her, now," I said, walking to the door. I gave him a quick hug and walked out the door.

"Hey, ghoul friend!" Clawdeen exclaimed, pulling me into a hug as we walked. "What's wrong? You look like you got into an argument with your dad," I looked away from her, tears springing to my eyes. I shook my head as fast as I could, trying to make myself not cry. Make myself stop crying before she noticed. "Don't cry, Draculaura. Tell me what happened."

"You really want to know?" She nodded. "My dad hates the idea of me hanging out with you. He thinks that its stupid because you're a werewolf and I'm a vampire. He thinks that it shouldn't be allowed. Last night, I heard him talking to my grandpa. He's thinking of transferring me to an all vampire school. Where I can be with my own kind......" I trailed off as more tears stained my cheeks.

"I won't let him transfer you. You know that," Clawdeen said, her hands tightening on her bag straps.

"He's not going to listen to you. You're a werewolf, Clawdeen. Didn't I just explain this?" I said plainly, keeping my eyes on the ground. I could tell she was mad, now, and I didn't want to see the way she was looking at me.

"Right. Of course not. Sorry that I was trying to help you feel better," she said. I could sense how angry she was. That's the only reason I refused to look up. I didn't want to see how bad I had hurt her. "Are we still on for this weekend?" I looked up at her, not sure what she was talking about. "You were going to come over for a group sleepover. We do the same thing every other weekend?"

"Right. I have to ask my dad. I forgot all about it. I'll text him," I said, taking my phone out of my pocket. I looked up from my phone, mid-text, when Clawdeen laughed.

"Your dad actually knows how to text? For real?" She questioned, another laugh escaping her. I rolled my eyes, a smile crossing my face. "Shoot. We have four minutes to make it to school," Clawdeen said, stopping as she slipped her phone back into her back pack. We obviously both had the same idea. We both got closer to the ground, like coming out of the blocks in track, and took off sprinting. Werewolf speed and vampire speed make for the fastest runners.