Not so perfect after all, or maybe better?

CRASH. I could hear it, I could see it, I could feel it. It felt real. But it wasn't, it was a memory. A traumatic memory. I saw it so many times.

A single tear slipped down my cheek. I was sitting in my hospital room, in my hospital wheelchair, looking out the hospital window, looked at the happy children, playing with their parents and I saw old happy people who were visited by their loved ones.

They looked so happy, why couldn't I be happy again? My parents came by yesterday, but they had to get back to Texas. They own a ranch. And it's sort of a school, they teach kids to ride a horse, and they take kids to the other animals. The ranch is for kids with problems, like handicapped or kids with mental problems. And the kids often come there more than once.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. It was my 'personal' nurse Arnella. She 'take care of me'. She's really nice, but I'm never in the mood for nice. Though I'm pretty rude, she's still nice.

"How are you doing, Sky?" She said.

"Is that even a question?" I answered.

She sighed. "So, Sky, I am here to check up on you as usual. So, you need to answer my questions, honestly." I just nodded in response. "Have you had any pain, in your leg lately?" I nodded and put my hand to where it hurt. She gave me something to remove the pain. She continued the examination, but finally, she was done. Then she said. "I will go and get some food for you, okay?"

"I'm not hungry," I simply answered.

"I don't care, what do you want to eat?" She said, still with her polite voice.

"Waffles and cocoa," I said, still looking out the window.

"Good," she said and left to get my food. I love waffles. I have been eating that a lot. Soon enough she came back, with a plate with waffles and cocoa. "Here you go," she said. I still looked out the window. "Promise me, you'll eat."

"I promise," I said. I heard the door open and close, and I rolled to the table. I started eating, and it was really delicious. That's one of the few good things about this hospital, there's good food. Though I had been eating less than I did before the crash, so I have lost a lot of weight. That's why Arnella forces me to eat.

After I ate my food I rolled back to the window. Big grey clouds were filling the sky. And soon enough it started raining. I didn't move at all, just stayed right where I was.

But as unlucky as I am, someone knocked on my door and stepped in. I still didn't move, but the person started talking.

"Skylar Jonas," he started.

"Yes?" I said with my rude voice. His voice was deep and soft, it was pretty relaxing. But it didn't help my mood.

"I am Dr. Noah Davis, but please call me Noah. I am your personal trainer."

"Excuse me? I don't need a trainer, I am doing very well on my own." Who says I need a trainer? I am an independent woman. But a personal trainer, nope, not for me.

"You probably are, but my job is to help you being able to walk again," he said, he sounded almost as calm and nice as Arnella. I guess doctors and nurses just are nice, or maybe they have to act nice. I don't know. And I couldn't care less. I am way better when left alone.

"I will never be able to walk again, my leg was crushed in the accident," I answered as it was pretty obvious.

"That's not entirely true, sure it was pretty bad, but not that bad. So, come with me," he said, and I heard his voice was closer now.

"No." No one shall ever tell me what to do if I don't want to do it.

"Then I'll have to take you there," he said and came closer to me. He then grabbed the handles to my chair and rolled me out of my room. All the nurses smiled at me, but me being me, I didn't smile back.