FIFTY-FOUR

they call him the young wolf

they say he can't be killed.

BOREDOM HAD ALWAYS been Hermione's biggest foe, one which she doubted she would ever defeat

BOREDOM HAD ALWAYS been Hermione's biggest foe, one which she doubted she would ever defeat. It was boredom which had her holding two plates of mutton and wandering down the dungeons of Riverrun for captured hostages.

She had noticed one of the maids running back and forth with errands and decided, with nothing better to do, that she should help out. Though, as soon as she had reached the lower level of the castle, Hermione instantly regretted it. The humidity was so thick in the dungeons Hermione could barely breath, species unknown to her were growing and festering inside and on the stone walls and she had to walk firmly as not to slip and fall over the slick flooring.

Taking another left, Hermione tried to remember the maid's direction she had hurriedly given her. "Go down the dungeon stairs, take a left at the light post, two rights another left and then continue until you reach the only cell with an opened gate."

Had this been my second left, or was I supposed to turn right here? Hermione questioned as she stopped and started looking around as if a sign would come out of nowhere showing her the way. Then, like an answered wish, she heard the drifting of hushed conversation.

Unknown if these were the very people she was supposed to be feeding, Hermione followed them and found herself staring at two golden-headed boys and Jeyne Westerling. They were cramped inside a cell which seemed slightly bigger than a shack, with a small rectangular window on the back wall, two wooden benches—one which was occupied by one of the boys—and two stools—one which Jeyne sat on. She had the hand of one of the boys caressed in her, his wrist covered in what looked like a green paste while the other boy sat in the corner holding his side.

All of their eyes turned to Hermione, as she swallowed and held up the two plates of food. "I brought supper."

The boys' green eyes lightened with hunger and happiness and Hermione set both plates on an unoccupied wooden bench in the far corner of the cell. The boy Jeyne wasn't tending to stood to make a move for his plate of food but hissed in pain. His hand tightening around his waist before he sat back down.