Chapter 1

A/N: The beginning of this story will contain some Percabeth, but will eventually switch to Pertemis. Please don't review this story telling me that there is not Pertemis in it. It's coming, don't worry. The beginning will also move quite fast with a lot of time skips, so just bear with me until we get to the juicy part.

Perseus Jackson stood over the bed of his girlfriend, Annabeth Chase. The bed that was now empty of the occupant. It was highly unusual for Annabeth to disappear without any kind of note.

He sprinted off to the Big House, mind clouded with panic, and burst through the door. The first thing he noticed was the absence of Mr. D, the camp director.

Uncharacteristically, he yelled out, "CHIRON?!?!"

The loud clip-clop of hooves to my right attracted my attention and I turned, coming face-to-face with a centaur. He looked at his mentor, Chiron with a frantic expression on his face.

"Chiron, thank goodness you are here. Annabeth is missing."

Chiron looked disturbed and had a rather unsettling expression on his face, but he replied, "Did you check her cabin?"

He nodded and said, "Yes. I checked everywhere around camp because she's normally an early riser, but when I didn't find her, I decided to check her cabin in case she slept in."

Chiron replied, "Maybe she just went back to her home at San Francisco."

Percy glared at Chiron and said, "Chiron I know you know where she is. So please tell me. I need to know."

He sighed, "I am afraid Zeus doesn't want me to reveal her location but I can guarantee that she is safe and away from harm."

Percy began panicking more and said, "What do you mean? Where is she? We just fought Kronos a few months ago. Can we not have any more fucking peace?"

Chiron rose his eyebrows and said, "Language Perseus."

"Sorry, Chiron. But I need to go to Annabeth. Please tell me where she is."

Chiron sighed again and said, "Listen, Percy. As much as I wish to, I cannot. So please understand. If you want to really know you can go and talk to Zeus."

Percy nodded determinedly but he couldn't hide his disappointment at the news. He ran off to the door but he stopped abruptly at the door and turned around and said, "Chiron, I may not be back for a long time or maybe not ever, if this turns messy."

"I hope it doesn't turn messy," said Chiron.

Percy almost went outside before Chiron said, "Wait, Percy. I hope you know what you are doing. Just know that no more children are being claimed right now or even arriving at the camp and Dionysus has been summoned back to Olympus. I worry something is going on. Something even I don't understand but I do have my doubts. Hopefully, I am wrong about this. Good luck Percy."

Percy nodded as the information made its made into his brain. He rushed out the door and dashed to his cabin. He was stopped to be congratulated several times but his mind was racing with the possibilities of the coincidence.

Annabeth is gone. The Gods aren't claiming their children like their selfish asses. And now they are being general jerks. I can see why Luke changed sides.

Despite being tempted to go against the Olympians, Percy tried not to give into it and packed his backpack with the necessary items and ran off to the camp borders.

After petting Peleus, the dragon which guards the Golden Fleece (a long story) and throwing a drachma in thin air and summoning a cab driven by three gray sisters (another long story), he reached the Empire State Building.