iii.

"today, you'll all be working on those projects with your partner. if you need to see the list of who's with who, it'll be up here on the board. if not, then get together with your partner now. you have a good..forty minutes left of the period." mr. clarke informed the class, giving finn the exact reason as to why he was dreading coming to this class before.

finn, thinking of every possible negative outcome that could happen in the next forty minutes, had not noticed that millie had already gotten up and plopped herself down in the seat next to him. chin held up confidently with a familiar smirk on her face. finn jumped as soon as he heard her clear her throat, lifting his head with brown eyes wide in fear as he stared back at the girl. "well, are you ready to get started on this, partner?" millie playfully asked, opening her notebook to a clean page. finn, only being able to nod his head repeatedly like a mad man, tried to say something. But as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, no sound came out. Only an odd squeaking sound millie thankfully had not heard.

shifting in her chair, she pointed her pen to her forehead and asked the still stunned boy what they should base their project off.

she, of course, only got a shrug from the incredibly flustered boy, who for some reason had his mouth hidden in his hands as he looked away from her and towards the wall on the opposite side from her. slightly frowning at this, millie awkwardly doodled on her notebook. shoulders dropping just the slightest before raising them again when finn turned to face her.

it felt like hours had passed by the time finn had finally managed to form coherent words and not toss up petals into his dry hands. so with a deep inhale he suggested, "what if we built a bridge on polarized plastic? that way we can show how the stress contours when we put weights on the bridge."  "i-i would be able to buy the polarized plastic and the adhesive while you can make the charts." finn continued, face twisted in disgust as a result of swallowing a rather particular scratchy petal.
millie quickly nodded, baring that damn smile finn had always loved. "that sounds great! i don't know how i managed to forget how smart you really are." millie giggled to herself and looked away before she could notice the sudden shiver that ran down the nervous boy's spine.

millie quickly brought her attention back to the boy, who now seemed visually paler than before, with a serious look on her face. "how have you been, finn? i'm sorry that i sorta stopped talking to you after we..well..broke up." she asked him, in the same light tone she'd use whenever they had those conversations at 3 A.M. finn nearly chuckled, more like wheezed, at the realization.

oh how badly he wished they could have those talks again.

"i've..." finn exhaled and turned to look the shorter girl in the eye, "i've been doing well, actually." he replied in what could have easily be heard as a sarcastic remark. giving millie a tight-lipped smile. "oh! good for you, i was just kinda worried after i saw you run out of class yesterday..."millie looked off to the side, suddenly trying to look everywhere but at the snarky boy in front of her. "like...did i do something that made you run off? i'm not quite an intimidating person, i mean...if anything i'm the least intimidating person in this entire school.." millie ranted, eyes still darting rapidly over the whole room.

finn felt his heart tug as his eyes softened. how could i ever be mad at you? ignoring the sudden rush of dizziness, he quickly cut millie off as he grabbed her hand, "it was nothing, i promise. i've just been feeling kinda sick lately." he reassured the girl, dropping her hand as fast as he could to cover his mouth from another cough.

millie smiled, shoulders dropping with ease as she sat back in her chair. quickly nodding in response, she turned back to the partly filled-out paper.
finn stood still in his spot, still staring at the cheerful girl in awe. he felt numb, slightly buzzed with joy with everyone else frozen in time.

and with that, the bell rang, but before millie could leave, finn hurriedly got up and walked over to millie. who had already been heading towards the door.

"millie!"

she turned back to look at him with a questioning look on her face,

"i like your hair." he gave her a small smile before quickly leaving, the image of millie giving him one of the widest smiles he hasn't seen in months imprinted in his head. he yet again resumed to the same route he had taken after leaving yesterday's Psychics class. however, this time with a smile seemingly stuck on his face.

being able to talk to millie again felt like heaven, even if it was killing him faster.

five days.

-
ohmygod HI
sooo, i guess i'm back?

i'm literally so sorry for not updating for MONTHS, life's been a pain in the ass since i last updated. but now, since school isn't really an issue for who knows how long, i might be able to continue this story!!!

this chapter is literally sooo cheesy, i'm so sorry. thank you so much for anyone who is still willing to read this story.

see you all hopefully soon (can't guarantee anything tho),

ellie//dee !