P r o l o g u e

ᴰᴼᴺ' ᴮᴱᴸᴼᴺᴳ
___________________

Wine glass in hand, you were settled on the leather lounge seated just along the center dance floor of Lux Nightclub in Los Angeles. A golden lace dress was fitted around your luscious curves and your (H/C) strands were pinned back in a loose bun. Midnight was closing in as more and more people dotted the area around you, an upbeat rhythm bumping throughout the dimly lit club. Strangers of all types began to gather closer to one another on the dance floor, moving their bodies swiftly to the music.

All you did was watch, sloshing around the last of the chardonnay that was left in your glass.

It was your second night that you had spent at Lux since you moved to LA, so only occasionally had you come here to enjoy yourself a drink, dress up nicely for yourself and dance with a guy or two. However, tonight was a different night for you, which was more the reason why you decided to celebrate. Tomorrow morning, you start your first day as a full-time homicide detective at the LAPD.

Hell, you were excited. You've been in the police force for over five years and have finally been promoted as a detective. You heard that you'd be working with one of the bests in the department. Your transfer to the LAPD as the newbie would be challenging, but you were confident that you could handle it. It would just need some getting used to.

You smirked at the thought of everything before tilting your head back with the rim off your glass against your parted lips, gulping down the rest of the yellowish liquid. You let out a sigh of refreshment, watching as now tons of strangers grinded against one another on the dance floor across from you, throwing thier hands up in the warm air. You began bopping your head at the loud music that boomed throughout the filled nightclub. I'll get out there eventually, you told yourself, pursing your lips as your eyes flickered around the guys that stood in the crowd.

PLOP!

You scrunched up startled, your empty glass nearly slipping from your fingers as two strangers fell back on the leather seat next to you. A blondie with barely anything covering her pale skin straddled the young man that was now sitting underneath her, thier lips moving roughly against one another as her hand slid down his chest in a seductive manner. Your eyes went wide at the sight and you looked off to the side, scooching away from the pair.

"Really, why right next to me?" you murmured underneath your breath.

You took another glance at them, seeing the male's hands gripping at the dancer's hips. Feeling uncomfortable, you pushed yourself up from your seat, stubbling onto your high heals. You shook your head before strutting away towards the bar, taking a seat on an empty stool. You placed down your glass annoyingly, ordering the same drink again. You rested your elbow on the table, laying your head in the palm of your hand.

After seeing that couple, you wished you actually had some action tonight, but you had no time for catching any kind of feelings for anyone. Tomorrow was a big day for you and you couldn't afford any distractions. Although it would be nice to relieve the stress, you didn't want to risk it. Dating hasn't been your thing for a long while.

You lifted your head as you heard a clink against the table beside your arm, seeing your refilled wine glass.

"Thankyou," you murmured, looking off to the side as you took the glass in your hand.