Movement (Sam)

Note: (s/n)= state name of your choosing

*slightly dirty

Inspired by the song Movement by Hozier (I highly recommend listening to the song while reading, I hit the climax of the song at a certain line of this story and wow it fit so well), and this really hot pic of Sam playing bass. I haven't ever really written anything that gets close to smut so not sure if this is any good, but I gave it a shot. Hope you like it!

You considered the boys of Greta Van Fleet to be your greatest friends. You were always there for each other, and some of your best memories were with them.

That is, all of them except Sam.

You and Sam had always had a... complicated relationship. The two of you didn't always get along, and you were often fighting and arguing more than being friendly with one another. Yet you were also in a way close with him, because between the mocking and yelling he was a really sweet guy, and you both cared for each other a lot. There wasn't an occasional late night conversation or long car ride that either of you weren't fond of. But neither you nor Sam would ever admit that.

It's summer, and the Kiszkas were having another one of their famous backyard parties. The adults had left right after the sun set, and that's when the real fun began. The boys brought out beer and liquor and started a fire, and all the other teens and young adults your age were hanging out together in the yard. You were currently sipping a margarita made by Josh (he always loved making them and had become quite the master at it), and sitting near the fire with him, Danny, Jake, Sam, and a few other people you didn't know too well, including a really cute guy whose name you learned to be Luke.

"You from around here? I haven't seen you before." Luke says to. His big blue eyes are stunning, and his thick brown hair falls perfectly around his face. Of course all you can think about is how gorgeous he is but you manage to stay composed.

"I actually grew up in (s/n), but my family always came here for the summers. We loved it so much that we eventually moved here permanently last year."

"Oh cool, Frankenmuth is gorgeous in the summer." Luke replies. "I'm guessing you've known the guys for a while then?"

"Yeah, we practically grew up together." You smile. "I spent pretty much every summer with them."

"Wow, that must've been entertaining." Luke laughs. "They're definitely fun people to hang with."

"Oh you have no idea, they can get pretty wild." You motion towards the fire. "And my point exactly."

Danny and Jake, both obviously intoxicated, had decided it would be a fantastic idea to see who could jump over the fire without falling. Josh was trying to hold them back before on of them got themselves killed. It was a typical scene for you.

You also happen to notice Sam, who's standing a couple feet away from you with a group of girls, but doesn't appear to be too engaged in their conversation. In fact, he seems to be listening in on yours, with a hint of a disapproving look on his face. You choose to ignore it and go back to talking to Luke.

"So what're you up to in the fall?" You ask, giving him a flirtatious smile.

"I'm going back to school, I play football at the University of Michigan." Luke says proudly.

"Wow, that's impressive!" You notice out of the corner of your eye that Sam's watching again. "What position do you play?"

"I'm a quarterback." At this point, Luke couldn't get much hotter. You were big into football, and not just because of the guys but because of the game, so you were genuinely impressed. "You should come by to see one of our games sometime, if you're around."