» three »

three

++

Eve’s legs were held in place, almost as if they were binded by vines. She stared, mouth agape, too shocked to speak up. She shook her head. It was unfair of her to jump to conclusions. There was a logical explanation as to why there was a blotch of blood on his shirt, if it even was blood. For all Eve knew, it could be paint, ketchup, tomato sauce, or some other kind of red liquid.

With her wallet in hand, she strode out the shop, locking up once again. She pressed the button on the car remote, unlocking her convertible. Eve climbed into the vehicle and sped off down the street, back to the pharmacy.

Once she entered the store, she was greeted by a saleswoman wearing a white coat with a silver plaque that read “Martha,” whom smiled, showing her perfectly straight, white teeth.

“Is there anything in particular you’re looking for, miss?”

Eve dug out the prescription the Doctor had prescribed from her handbag, handing it to pharmacist.

“Would that be all?”

“Yes, that’s all,” Eve replied, pulling out her debit card and identification card in order to pay for the item.

“That’ll be $47.45.”

She handed her debit card and ID to the cashier, who compared the two cards before swiping the debit card.

“Hmm. That’s strange. I’m afraid it was denied,” the lady pursed her lips staring at the monitor before smiling apologetically at Eve.

“But-” she uttered, “I’m sure I haven’t gone over. I’ve been keeping track of everything that I’ve purchased.”

“Sorry, there’s nothing I can do. If you know it’s a mistake, you’ll have to sort it out with your bank,” the sales assistant remarked, handing Eve back her card.

Eve sighed dramatically, tugging at the strands of her hair. One minute everything was fine and the next, everything came crumbling down. Why was all of this happening to her?

Concluding that it was obviously a waste of time to argue with the pharmacist, she dashed out of the store, racing to the bank before closing hour struck. Panting heavily from sprinting across the parking lot, Eve pushed the glass door, cold air embracing her entire body as the door slid closed behind her. She stood behind a rather chubby man who was no taller than five foot nine. The sound of his fingernails digging into his scalp rung in Eve’s ear, causing her to wrinkle her nose in disgust. The man looked down at his finger, flinging the dirt beneath his nail onto the floor. Eve let out a sigh of relief when the worker behind the counter yelled, “Next!” With the disgusting stranger out of her sight, Eve’s eyes wandered around the room, landing on a giant poster with a woman who had obviously been photoshopped to look better. On the bottom of the huge sign, it read ‘Highest Deposit Interest Guaranteed.’

“Next!” the man behind the counter shouted, causing Eve to look away and walk towards him.

“What can I help you with?”

“I’ve been keeping track of my purchase records, and I’m positive I’m not even close to the limit, but when I went to the pharmacy today, my card was denied.”

“Hmm, that’s odd. Can I see your card?”

Eve handed him her debit card, watching intently as he typed in the information, hoping this was all just a misunderstanding on the pharmacy’s part.

“It says here that you’ve not only reached the limit of your debit card, but you’ve gone over by $1,000. It seems that-”

Eve didn’t pick up a single word the banker uttered, the number, 1,000 ringing in her ears. How was is possible that she had gone over and by that much? She was undeniably sure that she hadn’t passed her limits.

“Miss?”

“Huh? Oh, sorry.”

“As I was saying, you seem very sure of yourself in that you’ve been keeping track. Here’s what I’ll do, I’ll mail a copy of your purchase records to your home. If you have any issues with the records from that point, you can come back and sort it out.”

++

Eve parked her car in the garage, turning off the engine immediately. She removed herself from the leather seat, grabbed her handbag, and shut the door. The first thing she checked was the mail, not being able to contain her anxiousness. On the very bottom of the pile lay a letter addressed to Ms. Eve Beaumont, the return address being the bank’s. Eve ripped open the envelope, spilling the contents onto the wooden table, her eyes wandering to read the ink on the printer paper.

‘Ms. Eve Beaumont,

Enclosed is a record of all your purchases from the last month. According to our records, you’ve reached your limit for the month and owe an overdue draft of $1,056.00. Please review the attached documents.

For any concerns or questions, please contact us at (910) 235-6864 or visit our website.’

Eve’s eyes widened as she finished reading the top of page two.

‘Store: Gander Mountain

Purchase: Smith & Wesson Bodyguard Handgun

Price: $399.99

Store: Gander Mountain

Purchase: KA-BAR Knives, Inc. Short U.S. Fighting Utility Knife

Price: $69.99

Store: Gander Mountain

Purchase: Nikon Prostaff 7S 10x42 ATB Binoculars

Price: $199.99’

The list continued on for three-fourths of a page, all of which were items Eve never would’ve thought about buying.

++

four was leaked!! omg, if you haven't listened yet, go bc it is honestly so amazing. words can't describe the love i have for this album gahhhh

i'm so so so sorry that i haven't updated!! i know it's been a while, and i hate it when authors don't update for very long periods of time, but schoolwork has been piling up and between practices, homework, and just time to relax, i haven't been able to find the motivation to write. i have to admit, i have been getting lazier with this story, but i really don't want to give up on this, so i will try really hard to update more often! please bare with me during this process, i will try my hardest to update enough so you won't have to reread the previous chapter to figure out what's been going on. 

(i might even double update this week because four day weekend holla!!)

but yeah, i should be updating more because my fall sport is over, and we no longer have saturday practices or events that go on after school. thanks for all your understanding and patience!!

i love all of you so much, thanks for reading. x

enjoy!!.

social networks:

+ tumblr: holoqraphs - nature/vintage blog ;cliffords-harry - fandom blog

+ instagram: stardazedlouis

comment if you would like longer chapters because i have been making them one and a half - two pages, but i would like to make them longer if possible, so please, please comment if that's what you'd like or comment if that's not what you would like.

i apologize for the super long author's note!!