Chapter 6

Naruto woke up earlier than everyone else. Alongside him Tazuna had also woken. He drunk the milk he found in the fridge. "C'mon old man. Time to go to work on that bridge."

Tazuna perked an eyebrow in confusion. "You're not gonna wait for your team"?
"No, we're not, let them rest, they'll be with us shortly".

The old man and young nin made their way to the bridge. Where they found dozens of other men working. Tazuna immediately began telling all of them what to do. A couple minutes passed before Naruto sensed a Chakra spike. He made 3 shadow clones and ordered them to protect the workers.

He went towards the chakra spike. As he got nearer the Chakra previously dim, got bigger as if it exploded as it stopped trying to hide.
A thick mist surrounded the boy and rendered him practically blind.

He felt Chakra in the mist, he realized...it was a Jutsu. Naruto heard the sound of metal cutting through air. So he jumped from his previous spot and on cue there was small needles where he previously stood.

"You caught me off guard last time we fought, I'll admit that brat. But this time...I'll kill you"!

Naruto felt a blade slash across his back as Zabuza. A legendary swordsman attacked him faster than he could brace for. He felt his blood dripping down his back. The cut was deep. Using a heating quirk to clot the blood and stop the bleeding would make him vulnerable. He had no choice he had to end the fight as quickly as he could. As Naruto reached for his kunai strapped to his leg he felt pricks in his hand.

And he found his fingers unable to grip his weapon. 'Damn it! Haku!"
Naruto felt a prick in his neck. He immediately removed the needle. Naruto heard footsteps behind him and on instinct he ducked and found himself under the high swing of the legendary swordsman. Naruto tried counterattacking but the man disappeared into the mist yet again.

The blonde tried activating his Sharingan, but couldn't as he felt the Chakra couldn't get through.
"Don't try it, I already blocked your Chakra path". He heard Haku say.

"How does it feel Uchiha brat! To be without your oh so precious Sharingan"! Zabuza yelled in excitement.
Naruto smiled and said "The same as before, I'll kill you here"!

Naruto got into a battle stance.
The most around the boy's vision thickened, he shut his eyes and listened hard.

He jumped from his previous position, where Zabuza's high blade sliced through a split second after.

Again he jumped from his position, where two kunai landed. 'I can't run forever! This time I have to block it'!

Naruto pulled a kunai from his ninja pocket. He took deep slow breaths, he turned and met blade to blade with the swordsmen.

Zabuza tried jumping away to conceal his position but Naruto followed suit. The blonde continued his assault on the mist ninja.
Not giving the man a single second to possibly go on offense.
'These attacks...they're not like other genin. Not at all. Exactly what you'd expect of a Sharingan holder'.

"I'll admit it kid! You're good, but you're still an amateur"! Zabuza said.

Naruto felt a paralyzing prick in his leg, just before he was kicked in the side undoubtedly breaking a few of his ribs.
Naruto recovered quickly. His inability to use jutsu was becoming a bigger hindrance by the second.

His breath became deep and ragged.
"Don't tell me you're already ready to die Uchiha!? Didn't you claim you were going to kill me"?

Naruto sighed and stood up he took his headband off his neck "My name...is Naruto! That's who I fight you as today. Naruto, not Uchiha"!
The blonde tied the headband on his head and got into a fighting stance yet again.
"And I make a vow...you will die today".